NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am new to the forums. well just posting actually haha. But anyways, I have an APR wide body celica and the rear tires are rubbing on the stock fenders. Because this is a bolt on kit, the stock fenders are still behind the new ones. Was thinking of shaving the stock fenders, but didnt know how much. Im currently lowered on tein super streets with the edfc. Even with the edfc set to the stiffest setting in the rear the tires slam into the fenders on the freeway. Do you guys know about how much clearance I should have between the tires and the stock fender? Any help is much appreciated.

I can take more pictures in daylight but this is all i have to work with right now

Thanks,
Chris

·
B A N K A I
1,303 Posts
Dude you have to cut oem fenders in rear when installing APR kit, that is a must to be able to fill out the wideness with a wide wheel cause if you are having thin wheels that jsut looks like crap!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the rear drivers side. The shop rolled the top of the fenders but it hits where the rear quarter panel meets the rear bumper. Should I just have them cut that part out?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help! :) but how does that work with the quarter panel? Can I bend that back too? I was thinking since this whole thing is hidden by the wide body I could just cut to gain clearance. Would that cause any problems? hellaflush guide says to shave the lip down, but since mine is a wide body the tire will slam into that fender shaved or not. Sorry for my lack of car knowledge lol. :confused:

·
B A N K A I
1,303 Posts
He still has The apr widebody so sure hammer that notch in much as you like Will still look like crap with The wheel hes got Iam just guessing, but whats your specs on the rims?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha no guys ive had the body kit on the car for years...but i recently moved to where the roads are rougher so this just became a problem now. My rims are 19" racinghart crs 19x10 haha. Alright guys ill hammer that out when i get the chance. Do you guys think the other parts of the fender will be a problem? Like should i just hammer back everything behind there or just the rear?

·
Premium Member
6,093 Posts
Whats the point of having a wide body kit if your still limited to the oem fenders?
Those fenders shouldnt have been rolled, the should have been notched and pull back or cut out to fit the wider wheels.
i wouldnt recommend hammering anything, it might mess up body work on the kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts