NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like to get peoples hopes up for nothing but.....I was at the track a few nights ago (Orlando SpeedWorld) and a guy walks up to me and asks if I'm interested in a turbo kit for my car. I told him i wasn't planning on spending that kind of money on the car. He nods and continues telling me that toyota has one developed that they want people to trial-test. He handed me a card. He works at "Central Florida Toyota".. A new dealer aparently. I'm going to give him a call and see if I can get some hard info/facts on this. If it is eventually released it could be a warrenty backed kit. I know people would be interested in that. It seems kinda odd to me that a dealer employee is looking for people to test this out but oh well. I'll post next when I have more info.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Didn't this happen to someone else like a year ago? Well, at least he gave you his card, but I wouldn't hold my breath for this. I guess the best thing to do is give him a call and see if he'll let you see the actual kit.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Even if I see it I won't believe it

·
Registered
857 Posts
Its prob independent work... not Toyota Motor Corp...ITS NOT EVEN TRD the company saying they'll build one...so just because hes saying he works for toyota doesn't mean its a backed Toyota project....Its a dealer project...since when did engineers start working at a dealership...You will prob get a kit thats made by mechanics, half assed job...that will prove time and time again disfunctional...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
TRD had a prototype turbo kit on a MR-S at IAS. The guys working the booth say that there are no plans to try to put it on a Celica.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have been in contact with TRD about their supercharger and they are having problems delaying this one. I have asked about a turbo and they are not even close to this.

p.s. s/c is comming up in June!

·
Registered
87 Posts
TRD's S/C is for the Matrix and the Celica GT. They cannot get it to pass CARB on the GTS VVTL-i Engines running on premium gas. They need to run like 103 octane or something. Sucks, should have gotten a GT.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts