NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you might already seen it before, but i'm sure it doesn't hurt to look at it for the second time :)

Before my money is going into my turbo project. But after seeing this i'm crossing my fingers and hope this dream comes truth.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Looks like someone just typed all that stuff up there to start some serious rumors. :chuckles:

·
Registered
317 Posts
:drool: i'm not worthy! :bowdown:
just think . . . WHAT IF this rumor becomes reality!?
haha, seems like a lot of 7th gen celica owners are droppin like flies . . . .if this 8th gen comes along, look for A LOT more to abandon the 7th gen ship.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think it looks too 350Zish...very unoriginal styling. And 300hp AWD Turbo?! First of all, correct me if I'm wrong, did Toyota not say they're not playing in the hp games anymore?? Cause if so, then I think a 120hp jump contradicts that just a tad... Let alone that statement, if this is gonna have all that power, then what's the Supra gonna be running if/when it comes out again like rumored?? Even if this is exactly what's coming out as the 8th gen Celi, expect a price tag of $28k+.

Rumors, rumors, rumors...lets just say I'm not getting my hopes up :sadpace:

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,866 Posts
I've heard the 8th gen will go back to a more traditional car style, so don't get your hopes up. ;) Then again, most of Toyota's recent cars have had anything but traditional styling. :D

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
OMFG

WOULD YOU PEOPLE STOP POSTING THAT ****ING PICTURE .

That picture is almost as old as this website. Not to mention the fact that somebody ****ing altered the pic in photoshop to put that stupidass "8th Generation 2000cc Turbo 4WD 300bhp" on there just to mess with the n00bs

and you took it.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
gts24 said:
OMFG

WOULD YOU PEOPLE STOP POSTING THAT ****ING PICTURE .

That picture is almost as old as this website. Not to mention the fact that somebody ****ing altered the pic in photoshop to put that stupidass "8th Generation 2000cc Turbo 4WD 300bhp" on there just to mess with the n00bs

and you took it.
:werd: I'm so tired of seeing that thing over and over again.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Ain't gonna happen...
You'll be hard-pressed to see more than 250hp in the next Celica... And forget about RWD (muchless AWD).... Ain't gonna happen.

The 7th Gen Celica's styling has met with lukewarm reception in Japan, so look for a more conservative approach next time around.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Toy Yoda said:
The 7th Gen Celica's styling has met with lukewarm reception in Japan, so look for a more conservative approach next time around.
I also hear that America is about the only country that has fallen in love with the WRX styling.(I know, some prolly hate it here too!) But anyways, perhaps that was the motivation for the revamped headlights?:wiggle:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually i seen this picture in a japanese car magzine about a year ago so i don't think is a picture created by photoshop. But be honest with you guys i never really seen those number before.

Plus toyota have to bring back the legend of the WRC because they are losting everything with the 7th gen

·
Registered
637 Posts
Originally posted by larryd
The picture itself is out of a magazine but the wording on it was photoshopped. Thats what they were referring to.
:werd: its painfully obvious somebody just added those ridiculous specs with some cheap photo editor.

and they did a piss poor job of it too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.