NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched through a few threads from some archives for the answer to this question but could not find the exact same question. I failed an emissions test today for "running too lean," even though I have never had a problem with my car and the check engine light is not even on. Aside cleaning the MAF sensor, does anyone else have any relatively easy recommendations for what I can do to at least pass the emissions test? (I'm not necessarily looking for a long term answer) I also plan on unlatching my battery to reset the ECU before I go again and hope that helps.

Thanks

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket intake? That's usually the main cause for leanness. Also, you can try running some Seafoam through your intake. It'll help clean your injectors a bit if they're getting clogged.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
I searched through a few threads from some archives for the answer to this question but could not find the exact same question. I failed an emissions test today for "running too lean," even though I have never had a problem with my car and the check engine light is not even on. Aside cleaning the MAF sensor, does anyone else have any relatively easy recommendations for what I can do to at least pass the emissions test? (I'm not necessarily looking for a long term answer) I also plan on unlatching my battery to reset the ECU before I go again and hope that helps.

Thanks
return your car to stock or add more fuel with an ecu

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, but the car is stock and I guess I should mention it is a GT. I am assuming I would have to get a professional to have my ECU start adding more fuel? Another suggestion I received was to drive my car around for about 20 minutes before getting it tested; last time it was about a 2 minute drive. Oh, and I ran seafoam through it about 3 months ago.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Whats the battery like? Someone said a few weeks back they had bogging down and changed the battery over sorted it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually was able to pass the test my simply running premium (with fuel injector cleaner) through my car as well as resetting the ECU. Thanks for all the suggestions though.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I hope you've got a GT.... that sounds like your using premium as a one off thing for the inspection.

GTS = she needs premium dude! PREEEMIUM!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.