NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was going to remove my front bumper to paint the front emblem on my grill andddddddd i was loosening the 4 bolts on the top underneath the engine plastics and one snapped off while it was still in the threading. i got the other 3 bolts out but then i decided to just put the other 3 bolts in because i needed to figure out a way to get the rest of the bolt out of the threading. any ideas??

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
They have tools that you can borrow from Autozone that will remove sheared bolts.

Sorry but I don't know the names of the tools.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
You need a screw/bolt extractor
yep. The craftsman set or a set of GrabIt bits will do just fine.

run the drill in reverse to drill down into the bolt. Once you make a decent pilot hole flip over the bit and while still in reverse start backing the bolt out of there.

Go ahead and order a new bolt so you can replace the bad one.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
I would go for the craftsman set over the grabit. Go to sears, I think it's 29.99 or 39.99

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn i may as well just leave it how it is for now haha when it warms up this week i will keep trying to take it off and see if i run into anymore problems the only thing is im expecting to haha

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Also a can of pb blaster would help..I would say a torch too but I don't think you would want to heat that area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.