NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has tried ro knew how to hook up a small ringer or buzzer that can be triggered to go off at a certain RPM? I wan't this instead of a shift light because it would be easier to hear than see a shift light mid corner. I know that RX-7s have something very simialr to this. I'm not sure how those are set up. Any electrical people out there know how and where to hook this up to?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
How about buying a shift light, but disconnect the light, and hook up an electical buzzer to the remaing connection points..
I'm sure it would work fine...remember, the electricity that powers the light is the same electricity required to make anything else work

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True, I could just get any old RPM activated swich couldn't I? What lines would I have to hook it up to? The tach lines? I should also try to go and find some old RX-7 gauge cluster and rip the buzzer out of it.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Buzzer wont work unless its loud, espically if youre like me and have the music blaring. You can always mount a shift light on top of the gauges, that way it lights up in your face!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm only going to use this on the road course, and I won't have the music on then. The light is more distracting for me. I don't like hwo they are set up and I like teh buzzer (I have driven my friends RX-7 and like it in that car).

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
ACtually I like that idea. My friend has a Gen 2 RX-7 and lots of mods. When he takes that thing close to 9,000 rpms, it starts beeping and a little red light lights upi on the dash. I love it actually!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Andy: I want it because it is helpful for me to know that I am close to the fuel cut-off when I am mid corner at the track. This way I don't have to look down at my tach to see my RPMs, intead I can focus on the apex and my line. BTW does anyone know what kind of RPM activated switch I would need and how much they cost?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.