NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting my girlfriend into a Celica since she likes them also but after reading some posts I have to wonder about the sensitivity of the motor to mods. What happened to the days of the Supra where you could mod the hell out of the motor with little to no mods done to the factory parts?
Are the celica motors tuned so close to maximum performance from the factory that they can't handle many mods without upgrading many other things?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
The question isn't if the motor can't handle the mods, its the lack of mods. The only thing there is to mod that provide significant power on the celica are intake and header. Pulleys and exhaust does little. The celica doesn't have cams, valve springs, ecu, etc...which kinda sux. Also modding a supra vs a celica are night and day. Supra has turbo which you can mods alot of stuff like downpipe, up-pipe, exhaust, boost controller, different turbo etc... that can in-turn provide significant power whereas the celica is a NA car which is limited unless you spend a lot of money and put in high compression piston. If there were cams and valve springs, it would be a different ball game.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read of injector's having problems keeping up as well as the CES light being tripped easily. I've never encountered problems like that in the past. My point on the Supra was the factory internals and fuel system could handle double the factory hp. Seems the Celica can run lean with an intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts