NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting the S-AFC in today and I need to know what it means in the directions when it says

S-AFC Wiring Instruction for Celica GT-S & GT

e4-18 - Ground (Brown & Black, Make Sure Brown Is Closer to ECU)
e4-11 - MAF (Yellow & White, Make Sure Yellow Is Closer to ECU)
and then it says that white goes out to car... what does that mean that I do with the white wire... I thought that it went in to the ECU as well does it not...

When it says make sure brown is closer to the ecu what does that mean...

Any help would be great
Thanks

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
It's been a while since I did my S-afc install, but I do remember for sure that all the wires DO go to the ECU.
As far as the others, what it means is that you find the wire that is coming from terminal "e4-18Ground" and cut that wire several inches from the terminal. Now, you connect the brown to the terminal side of the wire that you cut & connect the black to the other(wire harness) side of the wire that you cut.
Same with the "e4-11 MAF" terminal wire. cut it and connect the yellow to the ECU side of the wire you cut & the white wire to the other(wire harness"going out to car") side of the wire that you cut

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
There are 2 ground wires you have to connect to the ECU, the brown and the black, they connect to the SAME wire on the ECU.

You must connect the BROWN wire closer to the ECU and the BLACK at least 1" from the BROWN. Both BROWN and BLACK tap into the same wire.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
the S-AFC is only good on the GT/GT-S for about 30 minutes until the ECU realizes what you have done and corrects the changes. If I had it to do all over again I would not cut my ECU up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.