NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im seriously thinken of buyen a greddy s/c and pfc. i also want to go along with boost,a/f and oil pressure guages and a 3 piller pod. do you think $4500 will cover everything with tunning? also mabye the new long tube header that just came out. let me know cuz im going to take a lone out.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
drop the A/F gauge that is just dancing lights, get wideband O2 setup for that. What ever you estimate it may cost on paper add $1,000 more just in case.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
with the GReddy s/c and PFC and tuning it will probably cost you $4500 alone...but I'm not sure how much the kit is costing now.

You'll always have to buy random stuff that you might not expect. I had to buy:

silicone sealant
solder
shrink wrap
colgate tubing
electrical tape
new injector seals from toyota
coolant
vacuum caps
vacuum lines

This is all very minor stuff...but it can add up. dyno tuning has no guarantee on how many hundreds you might spend. Just try to think of the worst-case scenario...and think of everything that you might possibly have to replace...and then re-evaluate your costs.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
sbocaj55 said:
with the GReddy s/c and PFC and tuning it will probably cost you $4500 alone...but I'm not sure how much the kit is costing now.

You'll always have to buy random stuff that you might not expect. I had to buy:

silicone sealant
solder
shrink wrap
colgate tubing
electrical tape
new injector seals from toyota
coolant
vacuum caps
vacuum lines

This is all very minor stuff...but it can add up. dyno tuning has no guarantee on how many hundreds you might spend. Just try to think of the worst-case scenario...and think of everything that you might possibly have to replace...and then re-evaluate your costs.

It would cost some money to tune, but PFC is a lot more than E-Manage, you will be faster than the rest of the GReddy SC peps.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
+ shipping + install + TUNING (at 100$+ per hour and you wont have a good base map to start ..)..

A wideband is also another 300$. Other gauges will be cheaper but still ..

I would say you r at 5000$+ us ... thats if you have good prices for everything. so let say 5500$ to have a margin.

But this is THE way to go with Greddy S-C imo ...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dosnt any one have a greddy s/c with a tuned pfc?? i would be doing the install on every thing. and as for the pfc thats $670. plus the datalog thing plus the s/c then the guages and wideband. would i beable to get the s/c with out the piggyback?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts