NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has nayone put 18x8s in the front and 18x9s in the rear, i just want to give it that aggressive road race look, and yes i know a wider tire in hte rear wont help my holeshot, so dont flame my ?. Or if 17x8 and 17x9 will fit , or just an 8 1/2 inch wheel will fit, i just dont want the tires to stick out like the rodriguiez cars around here, im not a gangster with chrome trim on my fenders, let me know>>>

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
staggerred offset is the sh*t.. you should do it.. maybe swift21 has rims w/ different widths because the lip looks deeper in the back than in the front

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im getting the RH CR's 18x8 in the front and 18x9's in the rear, i will try to get pics when i get them..

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
its just for looks though. Its more functional for RWD cars since it puts more patch on the ground where it counts.

·
Registered
687 Posts
18x9 u will rub

·
Registered
910 Posts
i thinking about 18x7 rims will that rub?(scrape the car).so many people have 18s on this site ,does anyone else have that problem with 18s or 19s?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just put some 18x8 1/2 in rims on my car, they ride a lot better than my 17's, but sharp turns in the front barely rubs the plastic liner in the front, but i also have a huge tire, im running
235/40/18. these tires are wide as hell, but they are sweet, So basicly any 18in rim will fit, just get anyware from a 34 - 36 offset and you will be fine, i recomend getting a 215/40/18, that wpont rub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts