NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I did a search and found only one thread that has to do with the install of the S2000 Antenna. Could someone please clarify what part i need to be wrenching on. Is it a piece outside of the car or should it be in the trunk behind the tail light.
Any advice would be most greatful. Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
you need the short stubby black antenna itself... some people do additional stuff if it doesn't sit flush, but that's about it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
by screw they mean twist off. no tools needed.

·
Registered
917 Posts
^just realized that haha, you may need some pliers

·
SPREAD THE HATE
4,423 Posts
"Righty tighty; lefty loosey."
;D!

That's really the only thing you need to know to install it, haha.
^and yeah, maybe some pliers if your stock lightning rod is on too tight.

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
When I did mine it took a while, it can be on pretty tight.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yea I got it off thanks for the replys though. It was on so tight that I didnt want to break anything so i figured i would ask. after wrenching on it for about 20 mins I got it off. Thanks again fellas =)

But now i got a different issue. It seems the end on my s2k atenna is not long enough in order to be able to fit into the slot... any advice of what i can do?

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well the first part of my atenna is stripped on my car.... is there any way i can get that silver piece off to give me a little bit more time... its only hard cause some idiot (aka previous owner) decided to strip that inside part by jamming something in there :(

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any way i can get that silver ring around the black molding???

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
But now i got a different issue. It seems the end on my s2k atenna is not long enough in order to be able to fit into the slot... any advice of what i can do?
The different year s2000 antennas are different I believe. Do you know which year you got? I'm not sure, but Id guess it takes the first years.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It looks like the antenna would fit. But it seems like the first like 4 threads inside the base have been stripped and now the antenna wont catch. Can anyone give me some advice on how i can either get that silver ring off of the molding or cut it to be able to make room so i can get it to fit....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts