NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been sitting around for a bit in the box. Finally found the time to put it in. What do you think?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup i have the relay hooked up. i followed the ignited guide.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more pics of the relay and wiring...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
nice... it took me some time installing mine... so did you remove the engine start from the key or you have them on both?

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Siiiiiiiick! Thats where I want to put my engine start button when I ever have the money to buy one! And by the way.......nice idea and pics!

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I've had one for like 2 years, why did you need a relay?

·
Registered
222 Posts
SickCelica696 said:
relay is pretty useful, I hooked mine up to the ebrake so if im driving and someone pushes the button, nothing will happen. The botton will only work with ebrake on and clutch in.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
i haven't ever understood the point of having push button start, if you still have to use your key in the process.

is there not a way to wire around it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
vegeta4ss said:
i haven't ever understood the point of having push button start, if you still have to use your key in the process.

is there not a way to wire around it.

^ Even if there was, why wuld u do that. Some 1 could just break in your car and press the button and drive off . . .

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
you can put a kill switch in that you can flip as soon as you sit down.

you could make it work with the remote to disable the switch if you tried hard enough or even carry a recognition device (like lexus uses for door locks) on your keychain and it could disable the fuel pump kill switch wirelessly.

although the main reason i want it like that is because no matter how I position them, my keys always rattle, whether its a bunch of them or just one of them. it drives me nuts and this would be a cool way around it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
pnoy said:
So what happens if you are driving and someone in the passenger press the button?
he used a relay. Go to the install guide and it will show you how to do it. It is very simple to do, should take only 30 minutes.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
2zzRaCer said:
SickCelica696 said:
relay is pretty useful, I hooked mine up to the ebrake so if im driving and someone pushes the button, nothing will happen. The botton will only work with ebrake on and clutch in.
The relay does nothing then. It doesn't matter if they press the button twice. Our cars don't let you "start" the car twice. Its not like an old starting system where you get a terrible grinding of the starter if the car is already on. The car is smarter than you. :crazy2:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts