NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2000 2zz from the salvage yard with its c60 transmission to swap out my 1zz. It supposedly has 114,400 miles, so I'll chuck it up to about 160-200k. Did come with a confidence building 6 month warranty on parts, both of them did Engine came out of a totalled GTS, appears to be the stock clutch. What should I be inspecting and or replacing before I do the swap.

I endoscoped through the spark plugs and the cylinder walls appear to be good. Besides the lift bolts being inspected or replaced and the clutch being replaced, should I replace the water pump, oil pump and thermostat, or should I leave these alone? does not appear to be leaking from the gaskets as it appears to be clean besides dirt build up.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like you've got a handle on the important stuff. Water pump should be replaced while it's out since it's easy to swap and cheap. Oil pump is up to you and how deep you wanna go down the rabbit hole. If there's no signs of fluids leaking anywhere and at only 114k, I wouldn't bother with it but on the other hand it's the easiest time to do it. If the lift bolts are original, regardless of condition, should be replaced with the updated "pointy" bolts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,303 Posts
The early GT-S has a ceramic waterpump rotor, some early ones have been known to crack so I'd inspect the rotor at the very least. I believe early ones that are brown colored are the ones that crack, later ones that are grayish should be ok.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,303 Posts
Oh and the thermostat usually fails open if it ever does. In colder climates it would prevent the car from warming up fast enough. Might trigger a coolant temperature CEL if it takes longer than 15 minutes to get up to temperature. In hot climates it should be mostly fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts