NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a few guys from the boards checked out the new Lancer EVO at a local dealership today. They had a white one in the showroom, and I must say it looks alot better in person than in the magazines! The Recaro seats were quite comfy as was the Momo steering wheel. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed a test drive, that was saved for the people who were actually going to buy the car:wtf: Price was listed at 30,000 with a $5,000 markup, not surprising, but I hear they're being marked up even higher in other areas. They had a blue one yesterday, but was sold by the time we got there today. Another is expected to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to actually ride in one:).

Bat

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
i'm getting mine for MSRP :wiggle:

i love the recaros!!! the dealership i went to had 3 of them, but no black ones :wtf:

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
I went to A auto show Friday and though I could sit in a 71k bmw M5 :drool: and I could sit in a 60k lexus, I couldn't sit in A 30k Evo :angry: . Looked pretty good though pics just don't it justice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
I don't think it is, At least not until we get a untamed version with the yaw control. More of a competitor for the Wrx, not the STi.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
nice! i hate when dealers profile, and dont let you test drive.. i usually cause a scene when they do that to me..

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
That was what I was talking about a worthy competitor to my WRX :). A bit faster than an umodded WRX but you can bring it to the same Hp level for 1100$.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My friend sent me a picture of a window sticker on an EVO8, but i dont know where it was from. The final price was about $30,000 but in the top right where the dealers write in their markup it had a FRICKING $20,000 [email protected]!
The damn car was $50,000!

·
Registered
25 Posts
That was fun yesterday! I liked how the intercooler sprayer was right next to the e-brake. It had some nice 17's also a carbon fiber wing. That is 1 sweet ride.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The car is over-rated. There will be problems with this car in U.S. Spec trim. Just wait and see.

For the money, buy a Cobra .... and it doesn't have a live rear axle for 03 .... full race modded suspension, and enough power to play with a stock Viper RT10 .... and if you mod it ... damn ... 500 HP (bolt ons) and beyond 600HP with a chip and stuff .... !!!!

Mike

·
Registered
306 Posts
sweet car.. its just too bad, but i've heard there were reliability problems with them in previous versions.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Someone posted pics of that at evolutionm.net. Dealership greed is unbelievable.... 50k is way too much for what you get with that car.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i wish i had the money for a car like that...i just hope the local dealars will get some cause i am friends with the owner of a big car lot here and maybe he will let me take it for a spin with him....:)

·
Registered
910 Posts
i need to test drive a evo too ...looks so fast and sweet..just wait to the fast and furious 2 comes out that car will be selling like hot cakes....thats one of paul walkers main car in that movie...maybe i should stop moding up my celi and trade it in for a evo or sti.those things get respect on the road for sure ....must go to a dealership soon ...rooommmmmm.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Mitsu performance cars are not known for reliability..i am surprise that some people said the turbo eclipse was good...guess that did not apply to US spec car...lets wait to see if the Evo will be more reliable here...but none of the two, stis and EVo impress me as cars, other than the performance...toyota feels better as car overall..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts