NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a such thing? Some guy in a Saturn w/ an Exhaust revved his engine @ me today, he lives in my neighborhood, and he always does whenever i drive by his house, but we seem to always be going in a different direction.

Today i got tired of it and pulled a U-Turn and I went and followed him. I decided to pass him up on our road, and before i did, all i noticed was he had some kinda poorly smoked taillights, which went all the way across the back of his trunk and stopped at then end of the back section of the car. It said Saturn on the back bumper, and there was a Type-S logo. The exhaust came out the right side of the car and he said he had an intake as well. Aftermaket headlights it seemd as well, they were circular, and he definatley was on my ass the whole way until we got on an open 2 lane road.

I wasnt looking to race and was in 2nd gear (in my VR6) at about 20mph, and i heard him get on it. I didnt want to throw it in first, but i didnt want to lose to a saturn either, so i slowly tried to put it in first as i left off the gas, and after losing some speed, i was able to without forcing it in or grinding. At this time he was side by side, and already had the jump on me, but i gunned it anyways and not much longer later he was a car behind. After i was ahead of him, i started slowing down as i saw traffic ahead, and he just got behind me and was on my ass for like 1 mile. I was really tempted to either pull the e-brake or just slam on my brakes, and have him rear end me, and make him pay for the damage. However i put some hard work into blacking out my taillights....well, hard enough work to not have a Saturn Type-S mess it up...

Anyways - he wanted to go again when traffic was in the way, but i just let him pass me, and later ended up at a light with him. I took him off the line, and shut down pretty quick, because i didnt feel like wasting gas, and 1/2 way thru second was enough for me, especially since commin up was a road cops were stationed on.

Anyone know what a this car was? I google'd "Saturn Type-S" and found only a Saturnfans.com board.

If you know, can you link me to a site with specs, and maybe pics so i can tell if that was it or not? Thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What could it have been?

An SC2 or something, i think its older but not REALLY old...maybe like a 97 or 99?!?

Yeah...it was a bad race IMO. All 4 windows of mine were down, sunroof open, and i had school stuff, and my system in the trunk, while his windows were up, and he had no passenger, and prolly no extra weight.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jayspeedy24 said:
you are very gullible..thats like seeing mustangs with the GT-R logo
I searched it and didnt find anything, so i figure'd thats what it was. Im asking what kinda car was it, off of the description i gave?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha...okay. But really, can anyone tell me the kinda car it was w/ the description?

2-door.
Somewhat sporty...for a Saturn.
Tail-lights go across the whole back end.
Prolly a 97-99.
Possibly a SC2?!?

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
Sounds like a regular ole Saturn Ion. Most likely from the 90's, maybe early 2000. Go to www.edmunds.com/search.

A chick up my blocks drives one in manual transmission a couple houses away from me.

·
Registered
748 Posts
hah they didnt make ions in the 90s

they had the SL1 SL2 which were the sedan models, SL1 came with a 1.9l SOHC and the SL2 came with a DOHC 1.9l

The SC1 and SC2 were the coupe models and they came with the same motors as stated above.

The dohc, the faster of the 2 motors, had a base crank hp of 124.

later ions were made when GM took their hand in saturn production and threw a 2.2 ecotec motor in them

By the way, no such "type-s" saturn

·
Registered
903 Posts
jayspeedy24 said:
:rofl:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
dude its a type r for sure with VVTL-i-VTEC. it's new, toyota and honda have combined companies to form saturn and that's their performance line of cars. the saturn type r/s will smoke anything on the road, from lambos to ferraris to hyabusas...

sorry, couldn't resist being a [email protected]$$. hehe :D

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
TRDAzNSpEeDeR said:
jayspeedy24 said:
actually there's a v6 mustang I know of with GT-R badges where the ponies should be on the sides... also has dual black racing stripes (on the burgundy body), fake race wheels, blacked out head/taillights, and a plethora of other rice mods... I laugh every time I see it

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
BHam00GT-S said:
TRDAzNSpEeDeR said:
jayspeedy24 said:
actually there's a v6 mustang I know of with GT-R badges where the ponies should be on the sides... also has dual black racing stripes (on the burgundy body), fake race wheels, blacked out head/taillights, and a plethora of other rice mods... I laugh every time I see it
Interesting. I see the same exact thing in my neighborhood, minus the racing stripes. Also his license plate is custom and says "ONURZZZ." WTF does that mean? I too can't help but laugh every time I see him pass by.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
No guys, I have seen them. They have a turbo and AWD. Pretty fast. But I don't think they were a match to your smoked tail lights.

LOL, J/K

·
Registered
521 Posts
MyCelicaYouNV said:
hah they didnt make ions in the 90s

they had the SL1 SL2 which were the sedan models, SL1 came with a 1.9l SOHC and the SL2 came with a DOHC 1.9l

The SC1 and SC2 were the coupe models and they came with the same motors as stated above.

The dohc, the faster of the 2 motors, had a base crank hp of 124.

later ions were made when GM took their hand in saturn production and threw a 2.2 ecotec motor in them

By the way, no such "type-s" saturn

124HP :eek: :eek: :eek:

:chuckles:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts