NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a 2001 GT Manual, got it last year. The previous owner must not have cared for the car or had enemies because everywhere it has scratches etc.... and on the rear driver side wheelwell is a huge rust spot and a couple pinholes right through. I can get a paint job for around 2000cnd but I'm wondering if I should get a Haas or C2 turbo kit instead? Btw this wouldn't be till next year. Any thoughts? One hand new paint car would look better but turbo it would be a nice sleeper and i would really love the power. help lol.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
^^For real. I guess it all depends on what you're aiming at with the car

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done the ricer thing and I'm thinking the power option of a turbo is much more what I'm looking for, just don't want to get laughed at with rust on the car its bad enough how it is :-(
Maybe I could get the rust fixed for now instead of getting the whole car painted?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
why not let it rust and get the turbo so people can laugh at you then get beat by you? :confused:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well...here's the way I see it...

Normally I would agree and say let the damn thing rust and put the turbo on it and make it into a sleeper... Looks like **** but will kick your ass...

The only problem I would have with that now is...are you still paying on this car? If you are, you don't want a rusted out POS that you are still paying for! IMO, if it were me and i was still paying for the vehicle--I would go ahead and get the exterior fixed and repainted...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah still paying for it, will be about 3 years till loan is done, unless something happens and i get lots of cash.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
2swft4u said:
Well...here's the way I see it...

Normally I would agree and say let the damn thing rust and put the turbo on it and make it into a sleeper... Looks like **** but will kick your ass...

The only problem I would have with that now is...are you still paying on this car? If you are, you don't want a rusted out POS that you are still paying for! IMO, if it were me and i was still paying for the vehicle--I would go ahead and get the exterior fixed and repainted...
:werd: get the exterior done. also think of how long you plan on keeping the celica. if your in for the long haul then you can always turbo later. but if u want to sell a sh*tty exterior and a turbo will be harder to sell i think.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well... Do you care about the paint job more? Or would you rather feel the extra pull of a turbo when you are wot? Do you race?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.