NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Work In Progress...
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone here is selling a 95 SC300 for dirt cheap. It's around $1000 and the car still runs but has a slipping trans, broken rear window, and some steering issues. The car however does have a 2JZGE not the GTE and would probably just need a paint job and some interior work. If I bought this car, I would swap out the transmission anyways for a 5 speed. What do you guys think? Anyone have any experiences with these cars? Oh yeah how would I go about buying it as a project car so I wouldn't have to get insurance for it? I know I just invested a grand in to my Celica but I was planning on getting a RWD car some day anyways. Thanks guys

·
Registered
373 Posts
I know this much ... Lexus ain't cheap so be prepared

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Just buy the car dont drive and dont put insurance on it. Insurance is required when vehic1e is on road. A1so if a bank has a 1ein on it. At a grand the bank prob wont give you a car 1oan for it. They wou1d give you a persona1 1oan / no co11atera1 1oan and on them it dont require ins. Just keep it off a road. If you need to drive it some Ins companies wi11 give you 1 day ins to re1ocate car by means of driving and that is basica11y free.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,295 Posts
Not a bad car overall but if the car looks neglected you can expect more issues than just what you mentioned. The 2JZ engine is a solid engine. Only some minor issues through the years.
You should be able to land a manual for it but it might have to come from overseas, considering not many were imported with the 5-speed since people in the US prefer automatics. I believe you will need the manual ECU too but don't quote me on that.

I can't help with the insurance part

1 - 6 of 6 Posts