NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
best bang for your buck but keep in mind i drive this car everyday and dont wanna blow the motor please help. thanks

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
how much power do ya need

Hey If you looking for just some good realiable power I would look into TPR intake , exhaust combo they made Very respectable gains, on the dynos. Besides If you want reliability you don't want a turbo. Because sometimes **** happens and your engine will blow.

Other than what i mentioned above, you could do headers and Power FC, that would make really good power. Unless you have an 04 then your just screwed!

anyway thats just my opinion. good luck

·
Registered
772 Posts
Originally posted by SleeprGT

Unless you have an 04 then your just screwed!

anyway thats just my opinion. good luck
:rofl:

I think judging by his name he has an 04.

don't rule out nitrous, as long as it's used correctly it works great... just depends how often you wanna go fast.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blitz supercharger they make a pulley upgrade cause 5 grand is wayyyyyy to much for 33 hp and 35 foot pounds of torque heard the reliablity is great though jw what other options are out there keep in mind i have now 336 miles on my car sooo blowing it isnt really an option really wanna get to low 14's and I love the car inside and out if i didnt i had the chance to get a sti evo 350z its just something about the car that is wayy comfortable and nice it sold me over the other even with the lack of response please help any info appreciated.

thanks,
Jason( silvergts04)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TRD Kazuma Exhaust good for boost app. ??? anyone with supercharger let me know how yall like em and if they are worth the money to you. also same goes for turbo guys and what all yall have done to mod yours for boost. thanks as always!

SilverGTS04

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
if you are going turbo, then dont waste your money on the TRD Kazuma exhaust..goto a muffler shop and have them make you a straight pipe from the axle back connection...cost 50.00 bucks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blitz or trial supercharger better for full life of my car considering the 336 miles on the speedo right now or pistons, rods, etc and 9psi(turbo) or so better for everyday use and long term driveablity of my car?????
thanks for all the info!

SilverGTS04

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
here's a rule of thumb: anytime you add any aftermarket power- maker, it decreases the life of your engine.

here is all you need (since there will be less stress on the engine if you go N/A than F/I):
1) get an exhaust: TRD, or TPR
2) get some headers
3) get a CAI: short ram or full length cai
4) get a full standalone ECU + tuning: wait for the AEM EMS to come out in a few months or power fc if you need it now

trust me, you save your self a lot of the hassle and dont have to worry about reliabilty or bad gas mileage.

heres another rule of thumb: if you want to have a fast car in the 1/4 mile - it's not just about the mods you have, it depends on the driver too.

you may want to look into a few suspension mods and maybe upgraded tires- the celica wasnt made to be a straight line dragger like the mustang.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Its not how you stand by your car, its how you race your car. Better learn that.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Originally posted by RichGT
Its not how you stand by your car, its how you race your car. Better learn that.
:ban:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
No-one has been able to find a pulley pugrade for the blitz unit yet that I am aware of.

For the money turbo is your best bet. If you keep boost low and it is maintained properly and tuned properly it will minimize the impact on service life of the engine - but bear in mind that if you want longevity your best bet is to leave you car stock. You have to pay to go fast. You pay for parts, you pay for tuning, you pay for gas, and you pay for increased frequency of maintenance intervals. Also bear in mind that whether you go FI or NA a good solid tune will take at least 5 hours on the dyno and 5 hours on the street. If you have other problems it will take even more as you will have to troubleshoot those problems before you can properly tune the car.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
No-one has been able to find a pulley pugrade for the blitz unit yet that I am aware of.

For the money turbo is your best bet. If you keep boost low and it is maintained properly and tuned properly it will minimize the impact on service life of the engine - but bear in mind that if you want longevity your best bet is to leave you car stock. You have to pay to go fast. You pay for parts, you pay for tuning, you pay for gas, and you pay for increased frequency of maintenance intervals. Also bear in mind that whether you go FI or NA a good solid tune will take at least 5 hours on the dyno and 5 hours on the street. If you have other problems it will take even more as you will have to troubleshoot those problems before you can properly tune the car.
tis true.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Okay, I contacted monkeywrench racing and this is what matt said below.. you will love it!!

SpeeedCelicaGTS wrote on Today 11:35 AM:
Hey,

First off thanks for all your guys hard work and producing parts!

Sencondly, i am leaning towards the blitz blower and I am curious if you guys, (since your the experts on everything) Think it would be possible to change the pulley like you can with jackson superchargers and up the psi to make more the 220whp. I want like 250whp. So let me know thank you

Will

monkeywrench wrote on Today 01:30 AM:
Certainly possible, but I don't know if the supercharger can handle the higher speeds or if the compressor is big enough for that flow level. The price of that kit has kept us from playing with it.

SpeeedCelicaGTS wrote on Today 12:21 PM:
so If i got the supercharger and asked you guys to install it, would you be able to find a pulley that worked, or fabricate one that does, and see what the blower is capable of? Or is their other ways to find out?

WIL

Yes, we could certainly do that.

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts