NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im driving along at 70mph goin west on the US60 at around 9pm, when I hear two very loud hits under my car, because I had just hit a nice big piece of shredded tire. It collides with the front lip of my wings west kit dislodging the drivers side, then continues on back and dislodges a plastic underpiece. In the process of pulling over to the side, the dislodged side of my front lip has been scraping the road. So I check it all out and there are chunks of paint missing from impact, huge patches scraped off from the road, dents, etc. The screws that came with the kit were still in by the wheel well area so I just rescrewed those back in and shoved the undercover plastic back up where it would stay for the drive back. Anyhow, Im just glad this is the extent of what happened and Im still here typing in one piece because I know alot of you have had this happen as well.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
ahh, good ol US 60....that freeway is sh*t. I eventually just pulled off my plastics on my celica.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
i hit a tire at 80mph, ripped apart my plastics, i zip tied those back together, and it bent my front lip a little bit, but its even know. I just have to get the rubber off.

what takes rubber off a front lip?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Originally posted by ICU2COP
i hit a tire at 80mph, ripped apart my plastics, i zip tied those back together, and it bent my front lip a little bit, but its even know. I just have to get the rubber off.

what takes rubber off a front lip?

bug and tar remover.... or goof off...

John

·
Registered
721 Posts
This is why I always keep something like duct tape somewhere in the trunk.

One afternoon, I was going over a bridge & at the apex, I guess my underplastics caught some wind & inverted at bout 80mph. Im lucky I didnt lose them. So I the rest of the bridge about 25mph in the emergency lane with my hazards on. I take the 1st exit off, hit the walmart there, buy some duct tape& temporarily fix the problem.

Now, the underplastics are screwed to the fiberglass front bumper via some metallic bridges i made out of old license plates. And some black zip-ties attach the underplastics here n there also. Kinda ghetto-fied, but it hasnt inverted since.

And yeah, sh1t on the road does suck.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Originally posted by Pinoyspd17
This is why I always keep something like duct tape somewhere in the trunk.

One afternoon, I was going over a bridge & at the apex, I guess my underplastics caught some wind & inverted at bout 80mph. Im lucky I didnt lose them. So I the rest of the bridge about 25mph in the emergency lane with my hazards on. I take the 1st exit off, hit the walmart there, buy some duct tape& temporarily fix the problem.

Now, the underplastics are screwed to the fiberglass front bumper via some metallic bridges i made out of old license plates. And some black zip-ties attach the underplastics here n there also. Kinda ghetto-fied, but it hasnt inverted since.

And yeah, sh1t on the road does suck.
same thing happened to me pretty much i didn't know what happened...just sounded like a rush of air or somthing and then the scraping sound of plastic...it sucked...i drove home 25mph on a 45mph for 7 miles...people don't like when u go so slow :(

John

·
Registered
435 Posts
i had my driver side fender plastics dislodge while driving on the interstate. the top was still connected and the spinning tire kept the plastic rubbing against itself.

had to pull over and just take the whole thing out. the plastic was all torn to hell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts