NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a Scion Xa this morning with some alloys that strangely enough looked kind of nice non-sucky.. seems to have some potential, so checked the Scion website to see if they had firm pricing up yet and they do. I'm actually sort of impressed, the price for what you get is not too bad. Anyways I figured I'd post the pricing here seeing as how we talked about this some back when we heard about them in the first place and I seem to recall thinking it was gonan be a tad more expensive than this. Whats also interesting is that they are actually including all the delivery, processing and handling fees in the MSRP; so there won't be any gay hidden fees unless the dealer tries to rape and pillage. Now if only they pick up the Caldina as the Xc the brand will show real promise :)

The MSRP for the xA is $12,965* with a manual transmission and $13,765* with an automatic transmission. The xB is $14,165* with a manual transmission and $14,965* for an automatic transmission. These prices include a Delivery, Processing and Handling fee of $485. The actual dealer price may vary.

Both Scion vehicles come with a long list of standard equipment. The standard features of the xA and xB will demonstrate Scion's commitment to delivering value. Features that are standard on both Scion vehicles include:

Air conditioning
Pioneer AM/FM/CD head unit (MP3 and satellite-tuner capable) with six speakers and Scion Sound Processing (SSP)
Power windows, door locks, and outside mirrors
Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution

* 2004 Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price as of 03/11/03, including the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee. (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Scion's charge for these services is called the "Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee" and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Scion provides as well as Scion's overall pricing structure. Scion may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and accessories or other optional equipment. Actual dealer price may vary.

·
Registered
586 Posts
That actually isn't bad at all. I expected the price on those things to be around 18-21k. Some of the Scions that Toyota showed off already had superchargers in them, but lord knows how much aerodynamic drag that thing has. Also, it only comes with a 1.5 litre engine doesn't it? Still, for what you get, it's not too shabby. The price is very un-toyota like ;)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Toy Yoda said:
I'd be happy to get the xA, or maybe the new Echo Trubo hatch...
If the xC is truly the Caldina, then Toyota just might be smarter than we give them credit for.
I seriously doubt it will be, probably just wishful thinking on my part. Only reason I even dare hope is I've now seen a couple Caldinas around the HQ buildings here in torrance. I remember I saw an xB like a year ago before they even announced Scion so who knows. But anyways I'm not holding my breath, even if they do bring it over they'll probably wuss out and bring the 1ZZ version.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
supercharged 1.5L: total gain: 2 hp

seriously tho.. how can they want the youth to buy their car if they cant put out sufficient power? i think people would want a faster car over something that is like a replacement for your room. (TV, sound system, room for a couch, toilet, etc)

just my opinion. but yea.... MSRP is low considering ur getting a toyota with all that crap... just i would have less crap and more power....

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I thought the xC would be that ncsv concept Toyota has (2 door wagon with some crazy targa-style back roof)...

The 1.5L engine is sufficient for a light weight vehicle like the xA and xB...
Couple that with the aftermarket for that engine, and things look good (Echo Turbo will probably have GT power levels)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts