NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been helping my girlfriend shop for a new car, and I kept hearing people rave about the new Scion Tc. I thought, a f*#%in' Scion?!!! No way, it's any good!

So we went down to the Scion dealer and tested out a base model Tc auto.

In person, the car actually looks decent, kinda pudgy, but it sits low with a wide stance.

The 2.4 liter Camry motor is underrated in that car, no way its only 160hp. (With the TRD supercharger, this thing could be fairly quick.)

I also could not believe how clean and refined the interior was; especially for a sub 20 k car.

Not too mention, the car comes standard with a CD player, moonroof, 17" wheels, ABS, power everything, and cruise control for about $17,500.

Needless to say, we were sold on the car, and my girlfriend drove home with it
that same day.

Since I'm going to need a new beater in a year or so, now I'm even considering getting one of these!

PS: I found a good source of info for anyone interested:

http://www.clubsciontc.com/forums.html

·
Registered
569 Posts
heh, btw, tC dyno's at 142hp-146hp whp which should be >170 hp,
nice huh?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by xspwolf
heh, btw, tC dyno's at 142hp-146hp whp which should be >170 hp,
nice huh?
yep.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
boooooo :thumbdown the hell with scionlife the hell with ecelica.com its all about newcelica.org and newscion.org :)

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
No i think the SRT-4 is the best bang for your buck. Not to mention, the Stage 2 upgrade is around 2k.. enough power to make Corvettes and Porches look like 25cent kiddy rides in front of Kmart.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by po9i
the neon is still the best value
Originally posted by Gas-n-Grease
No i think the SRT-4 is the best bang for your buck. Not to mention, the Stage 2 upgrade is around 2k.. enough power to make Corvettes and Porches look like 25cent kiddy rides in front of Kmart.
You are right, the SRT-4 is the best bang for the buck when you are talking about power. The tC is not about power but about the whole package. We'll see, when turbo kits start coming out for the tC, which will be the best bang for the buck. Just my .02.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Gas-n-Grease
bang for buck is not the same as VALUE.

Originally posted by Oas3k
wath the hell have you been smoking
nothing. Its a fact moron. Do some research.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts