NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 405 Posts

·
Instagram @ Aguilarg93
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
actually i think the fronts of celica's and tc's are the same and the rears you would need to use the top hats off a celica to fit. (if they dont come with top hats)

but raceland and rokkor dont come with top hats for front or rear so its possible.
yeah i would use my own pillowball mounts.

It looks like most people sell the celica Basics for $900. These are only 750, plus the Basis are supposed to be more durable.

Ya xxgaxx, they are still kinda expensive, but not compared to most coilover setups. Wow, those rokkor ones are crazy cheap! I wonder why though.
yeah i mean im a college student and dont have much money just trying to go on a budget setup. im trying to get a new wide rims with a nice stance. everyone telsl me coilovers and no lowering springs before rims but when i see coilover prices i start to have doubts of going that route. but if these fit these would be great to have instead of just lowering springs.

·
Instagram @ Aguilarg93
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
have to realize that when you buy cheap you run the rish of blowing through the cheap struts/shocks fast.

just saying
i heard great reviews on them. people running them for 15000 miles and still holding up great.

ik the saying "you get what you pay for" and its true at times but one never knows lol

i mean coils at 350 compare to about megan 800 dollars the cheapest coils for celicas is a drastic difference in price

·
Instagram @ Aguilarg93
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
then i really think its possible. ive done coilover swap on both cars before but havent interchanged them but they really do look the same
im not trying to conclude anything or say ik anything just saying what i heard around other forums. thats why i started this thread for help lol

but yeah i mean they look just about if not exactly the same.

i sure if its possibe more celica owners would consider this route. why pay 150 to 250 dollar lowering springs when you can add 100 dollars to that and get complete coilover kit? right?

·
Registered
805 Posts
im not trying to conclude anything or say ik anything just saying what i heard around other forums. thats why i started this thread for help lol

but yeah i mean they look just about if not exactly the same.

i sure if its possibe more celica owners would consider this route. why pay 150 to 250 dollar lowering springs when you can add 100 dollars to that and get complete coilover kit? right?

this is semi true. like stated beofre you get what you pay for. yeah you get some springs for cheap and maybe some new shocks to better ride comfort and probaly would last a lot longer than a coilover/sleeve set-up but you do lose the ability to control ride height.

where as you get cheap coilovers/sleeves you rish blowing the stock struts/shocks or the struts/shocks that came with the coilovers. but you can control ride height and the go fairly low for that price.

but i have read mainly on vwvortex and bimmer forums where raceland/rokkor coilovers blow within 20k miles!:eek: yeah you have the chance on not blowing them depending on how you drive but there is always that risk.

·
Instagram @ Aguilarg93
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
^ I tottaly hear you on that.

i dont take my car on the track or anything just kinda tha daily driver to school and other quick places. so it may workout for me. i guess ill keep searching the worldwide web to see if anyone has done it or can confirm tc coils on celica.

·
Registered
436 Posts
i heard they the rears fit fine, and the fronts need a slight mod. if it fits on the TC it should go the other way around. the spring rates will be a lot stiffer since TCs are heavier but they are fully adjustable anyways so it wouldn't matter.

·
Instagram @ Aguilarg93
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
i saw that on the other threads i posted above but idk if thats the only modification?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Alright, hearing the can hit up to 20k miles. I'll be the first one...maybe...to try it out. I won't order till spring though since winter is coming along in WI and I don't really do anything with the car except put stock parts back on. This thread will now be to be continued, that is unless someone jumps on them first and try them out.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Of course they're gonna be my dd coilovers though, I have track coilovers too. Rather put miles on something cheaper than have to replace my soon to be BC Racing.

·
Instagram @ Aguilarg93
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
you should do it for this winter! cause i wanna see if it works...soon! :chuckles:

if you can confirm it and say they work, you will open doors of possibility for many of us lol!

·
Registered
908 Posts
you should do it for this winter! cause i wanna see if it works...soon!

if you can confirm it and say they work, you will open doors of possibility for many of us lol!
Sorry, no can do. I work, go to school and volunteer at the hospital. Gonna have to wait till spring since I've cashed out a lot for the BC Racing already. Right now I'm just on Tein springs though since I travel 80 miles four times a week.

you guys should just pool all your money together, buy one set of tc coilovers, and give them to me to test
That's actually not a bad idea. But I rather somebody the whole community knows well. $10/person would be all we need.

·
Instagram @ Aguilarg93
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
well maybe instead of putting everyones money and whos gunna do what.... why not just someone find a friend who has a tc on coils and ask them if they can try if the coils fit either one. they take a side of coils and put on eachothers car?

·
Instagram @ Aguilarg93
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
i have a friend with a tc but i doubt she has coilovers or would like coilovers haha!

21 - 40 of 405 Posts