Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im thinking of picking up my cousin's scion tc rims
i believe its
17x7, 5x100
Tires: Bridgestone Potenza RE92 215/45 ZR17

and celica is
16x 6.5, 5x100
Yokohama 205/50/R16

now i'm not familiar with what offset and all that means, but with the same bolt pattern it fits on the celica. someone educate me about wheels :)

would i need anything else to make it to stock specs like spacers or something or do i just swap the rims out?

and what is the weight of the stock tc rims vs the celica rims

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
936 Posts
This like the fourth thread about putting tC rims on Celicas. Whats so appealing about those rims? :shrugs: Anyways I'm sure you dont need any other hardware for the rims to fit

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
don't put scion rims on your car, i have it on my car and i personally like my stock gt-s rims more. The stock tc tires suck too, no grip at all. Potenza's suck as well. The stock yokohama tires are 20X better. For the weight, the stock gt-s rims are much lighter than the tc rims, i would say 4-6 pounds lighter, ya i could tell that much of a difference when i held both wheels in my hands. this is that the celi looks like with tc rims.

http://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=210781

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
i think the gts wheels are better. if you want them to look flashy like tc wheels then get your stockies powdercoated, or do DIY pain job :thumbup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
timm3r said:
don't put scion rims on your car, i have it on my car and i personally like my stock gt-s rims more. The stock tc tires suck too, no grip at all. Potenza's suck as well. The stock yokohama tires are 20X better. For the weight, the stock gt-s rims are much lighter than the tc rims, i would say 4-6 pounds lighter, ya i could tell that much of a difference when i held both wheels in my hands. this is that the celi looks like with tc rims.

http://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=210781
which goes to my theory about the celica/tc relationship the the cars "persona" is expressed by looks. the celica looks meaner and rawer and the tc looks smoother and sleeker. the celica is hella light and is probally one of the best handling fwd u can buy and the tc is lardier and just score a "alright" as far and handling goes. even though tc gets more shine out the two we all know which one is the true tuner car.
ok now back to the topic when i saw the pic of the celica with them on it my first thought was "no where is the hawaiian flower thingy on the rear-view" to be honest the best looking rims for a celica would be one of a 5 star design

·
Registered
455 Posts
listen man i was the first one one this site to put tc rims on a celi.they look better and bigger then stock.I like the yoko tires more tho. it depends what you want when i got them i needed tires so it was a no brainer.to eachs own bro,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts