NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to find a high curb this weekend and put a nice scratch on the front edge of my TRD front lip.

The scratch has left a thin, rough surface that looks like it will need to be prepared somehow before trying to touch it up.

Suggestions for how to best fix this up?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's a picture. Paint (or is the color molded into the urethane?) has been removed. I was hoping that some sort of prework (light sanding?) to smooth the roughness out, followed by some touch up paint would be enough to hide the damage from a distance.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
That actually happened to my WW front lip, except it was on the passenger side, more towards the bottom of the lip. In fact, my scratch was a bit bigger. I just purchased some touch up paint from the dealer and applied one coat, slowly and in one smooth motion, applied a second coat, and then a third one (with drying periods in between of course). The result was pretty good imo; you couldnt tell there had been a scratch there unless you looked at it from about 8 inches away. But then again, the scratch was more towards the bottom of the lip so one would have to kneel down and look underneath there. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts