NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Been a long time since ive had chance to get on NC, this is our on going race car build that will hopefully be finished one day.

From the start of its life as a 140 8 years ago to how she sits now days:

conversion and greddy sc install

Soon got board of the greddy sc kit, and after we had done a few rotrex sc installs i pulled out the greddy and installed our own SC kit and some TRD brakes

Used the car for about 6months and start stripping all down again

Sent the car away to get a FIA approved roll cage designed and welded in and started ordering parts

Car got back to me with a cage installed

Worked harder and got some cash together to start spending again

Got fed up with not having a celica so got this little beaut, the only white UK spec car to hit here, it was a special order

then it was back to spending again

REAL ONES, Not fake crap

new liners made to test

AP Racing Clutch

2.0L stroker kit, low comp

Got a new work shop, so put 1000 miles on the engine and then stripped it back down the check out the liners and everything else

AP Racing is only 5mins away from our little workshop so worked with them guys on 4 pot and 6 pot front brakes

Just dropping the car on the jig so we can spin her over

Then we had a aero guy work on the body of the car runing it on sims on the computer to get a good package together

got the 4WD gearbox mounted onto a mock built 2zz and test fitted into the car

Getting the rear diff sorted out and measured up so we can start making all the brackets and a new mount for it

finally got our 2 pot rear AP Racing brakes sorted and to us

Most of the fuel system is there just waiting for the main pump to get to us

Long road ahead still got shit loads to do and no time to do it

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,258 Posts
eh, me so jealous....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we want to run the car in the uk time attack championship and want all of what ever power we get down on the floor, FWD wouldnt cut it for the power we would like to see on a track, RWD was an option just thought id make my life a bit harder and go 4WD lol

cheers guys, sc2jz ill have to go catch up on you build dude :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
i have just had a tuff time as of late dealing with things and the car lol but its all good i am working on it again. i have one last part to make and then the car is off to paint i hope and i love this build of yours

·
Registered
823 Posts
Oi Mabbs, less chat, more building!

:thumbup: See, when you put it all down in a thread like this it doesn't seem so bad does it? You've got the bulk of the build organised, parts ready, mocked up fitment on the AWD sysytem and a mahoosive turbo sat waiting to throw oodles of boost at a 'proper' race spec 2zz. I sit firmly in the "can't wait to see it finished" camp lol. You need owt, let me know.

As

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
:drool::jerkoff:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts