NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still no smoke after the vacuum line.
It's almost disappointing haha, but good I guess.
I Seafomed my mustang a few years back with less than 90k and it smoked pretty bad, but never in the celi. I was almost expecting to get at least something seeing how I've been sucking up small amounts of water through the intake the past couple weeks... Oh well, I guess if it's clean, it's clean.
More power to the Celica.

·
you dun goofed
2,164 Posts
Still no smoke after the vacuum line.
It's almost disappointing haha, but good I guess.
I Seafomed my mustang a few years back with less than 90k and it smoked pretty bad, but never in the celi. I was almost expecting to get at least something seeing how I've been sucking up small amounts of water through the intake the past couple weeks... Oh well, I guess if it's clean, it's clean.
More power to the Celica.
The amount of build-up doesn't have to do with mileage completely. It has to do with whether the car has been maintained properly, etc etc. There are a lot of factors that determine how much build-up is in the engine. So just because an engine has a higher mileage, doesn't necessarily mean it should have more build-up than a lower mileage engine.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I bought it with 28k on it, and for probably 3/4 of those miles I have used amsoil in it about every 6k miles. I've seafomed it a couple times too.

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
i think im going to do a 'seafoam' on my 00 gt-s sometime. ive heard great things about it. and the fact that you can put seafoam in just about every system a car has to offer... any pointers on where to start or what to look for if i try it? the previous owner wrecked the thing, and i think tried to do a good deal of racing with it... so ive had to nurse it back to health since i bought it in december.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I know this is off topic but that is one of the best/funniest quotes Ive heard in a while.

Myspace headline material......lol

I sea foamed my celi a couple of weeks ago and it smoked plenty. In fact when I was doing it my mother walked out and thought that my car had caught fire. lol....priceless :chuckles:

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
You should almost certainly have smoke from all the oil in the intake from the PCV system. How much did you put in at one time, and did you let the engine sit with the Seafoam inside it for about 10 min?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should almost certainly have smoke from all the oil in the intake from the PCV system. How much did you put in at one time, and did you let the engine sit with the Seafoam inside it for about 10 min?
I put about 1/3 in the vacuum line. I let it sit for between 5-10 minutes.
If I put it through the throttle body, what is the easiest way to do that? I have an injen CAi, should i just pop it off and slowly let it roll into the TB?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
will you have to change anything if you run seafoam through just vac and gas tank? read from a few fourms that it coats spark plugs adn injectors

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
You be fine if you just run it through those two.

My celica seemed to be running strange ever since I Seafoamed it. Probably just my imagination.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
that is the most ridiculous comparison i have ever seen so just to show you how dumb it was i reversed it.

>

·
Registered
477 Posts
If it didn't smoke with Seafoam you didn't do it right. Every engine with several thousand miles on it has some sort of build-up in it.

If you ran the Seafoam into the vacuum as directed but didn't shut the car off and let it sit for 10 minutes or more it didn't have time to soak the crap out before getting burned off. If you let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes I'll guarantee you'll see a ton of smoke unless you dribbled the Seafoam in too slow or just let the engine keep running for several minutes after the treatment. It should make you engine bog as you're feeding it into the vacuum.

Do it by the directions and you'll fog the neighborhood when you fire it up and rev it up.

·
Registered
618 Posts
about that comparison^^ as much as ide love to agree i dont know if it counts considering Toyota no longer makes the Supra.

Back on topic. Is it bad to Seafoam at high mileage. Is it kinda like Switching the synthetic at high mileage where it can breakup buildup which is actaully covering a potential leak?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If it didn't smoke with Seafoam you didn't do it right. Every engine with several thousand miles on it has some sort of build-up in it.

If you ran the Seafoam into the vacuum as directed but didn't shut the car off and let it sit for 10 minutes or more it didn't have time to soak the crap out before getting burned off. If you let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes I'll guarantee you'll see a ton of smoke unless you dribbled the Seafoam in too slow or just let the engine keep running for several minutes after the treatment. It should make you engine bog as you're feeding it into the vacuum.

Do it by the directions and you'll fog the neighborhood when you fire it up and rev it up.
This time I let it go through the little nipple sized vac line that has the cap on it, I did it slow, but not fast enough to make the engine stall, it would bog every time it sucked some up. I let it sit for almost 10 minutes and the engine was already warm.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
about that comparison^^ as much as ide love to agree i dont know if it counts considering Toyota no longer makes the Supra.

Back on topic. Is it bad to Seafoam at high mileage. Is it kinda like Switching the synthetic at high mileage where it can breakup buildup which is actaully covering a potential leak?
I don't think so. Sea Foam is a detergent, not oil, so it will burn off.
Synthetic from what I understand would be seeping into whatever crevices there are though. I've used amsoil forever.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.