NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
51,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, Search is still down and NOT working properly since NCO got the new VB upgrade. If you've tried searching for anything in any part of the forum, you've either gotten only the most recent threads or didn't get what you were looking for. Period. It is incredibly annoying, and like most of you I wish it were functioning properly as it did before. We're all just going to have to be patient until then.

In the mean time, I have gone through 14 pages in All Other Models and line by line, in just about every thread, I have placed a tag for every vehicle manufacturer (i.e. Toyota). Also, if you happened to have made a thread, I made a tag of your name (i.e. marc). Either option will work if and when you decide to perform a Search. It's taken a couple of weeks to do because it's a little tedious. I'll get around to doing the Scion section when time permits.

Lastly, ALL erroneous Tags have been removed. Why? It goes without saying.

Give these steps a try until then:

Search > Advanced Search > Tag: Search Term > Search in Forum(s) > All Other Models / Scion > Search Now > Result

:)

·
Super Moderator
51,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I need to state the obvious for you? I moderate All Other Models and Scion, both just happen to be in Other Vehicles. I wanted to make it easier for people to Search using Tags in my area. The Search function in NCO is still not working properly, if you haven't noticed. The Tag Search on the other hand seems to be working great.

·
Banned
4,052 Posts
Do I need to state the obvious for you? I moderate All Other Models and Scion, both just happen to be in Other Vehicles. I wanted to make it easier for people to Search using Tags in my area. The Search function in NCO is still not working properly, if you haven't noticed. The Tag Search on the other hand seems to be working great.
thanks,for explaining ,didnt feel like reading all of it yesterday

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
Ummm, yeah, just ban him. lol

Thanks for all the hard work Motor. You rock.

·
Oh. Snap. Ohsnapohsnap
2,519 Posts
Honestly Motor is probably one of the most diligent mods on the boards. Unlike some who are lacking, he actually does his job of modding and getting things done. Probably why this is one of the only subforums besides OT that I visit, and hell, one of my primary places to check up on the automotive world in terms of news and updates.

Cheers Motor!

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
:thumbup: I can only imagine the hours put into this.

·
Super Moderator
51,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Honestly Motor is probably one of the most diligent mods on the boards. Unlike some who are lacking, he actually does his job of modding and getting things done. Probably why this is one of the only subforums besides OT that I visit, and hell, one of my primary places to check up on the automotive world in terms of news and updates.

Cheers Motor!
Thanks. We Moderators, manage our areas the best we can. We all work as a team to keep NCO spam free and running smoothly as possible.

I can only imagine the hours put into this.
Thanks. I don't know if I can do another 14 pages after that. Scion is on the to do list.

Also, if you don't want to go through those series of steps (which are not that hard) to find a thread, there's another way. Now that I've taken the time to Tag 14 pages worth of threads in All Other Models, you can simply click on a Tag and it will give you all the threads with that exact same Tag. For example, go into a Toyota related thread and go to the very bottom of the thread page and in the Tags area, just click on "Toyota" and you will be sent to a page with all of those threads. Simple. Efficient.

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
"honestly motor is probably one of the most diligent mods"

"hell, one of my primary places to check up on the automotive world in terms of news and updates."
+1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts