NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo ppl..has anyone here ever heard of putting another fuel tank in the trunkof the celica so you can run race fuel? i saw the guys on tuner transformation on speed channel do it with an evo 8 and it produced nice gains. it would be kool to have a system like that where you can flick a button and go from pump gas to race gas, i think u would need a different ecu though to cope with that stuff...anyone with any info?

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
There would really be no benefit to running race gas on the Celica unless you had major work done like turbo or super high compression engine.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But there would be noticeable gains wouldnt there? For example, if you had a PFC, an intake and exhaust. Maybe you can tune the computer to run a certain way with those mods on race gas, then you can hit the switch and it will also be tuned to run with those mods on pump gas. I think there could possibly be something worth it there. But then again, a lot of people on this forum know more than me, so lets hear some more info people.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
No not really on a NA engine, with PFC yes you can tune it to run on race fuel but you have to upload the racefuel map whenever you run race fuel. Even then the gain is not worth the money you spent for race fuel and tuning that race fuel map for your car.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
There is a such thing as a nitrous program that will switch to a different ECU program when the Nitrous is on. But I don't know if there is a kit like that for the Celica, and I don't know if that kit would be programmable for race fuel.

Jon

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Originally posted by ColdFuzion
Hopefully your not a smoker.

CF
ppl smoke in Gods chariot?!:eek:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont smoke..lol..i guess there is no gains that are worth it then....what about a NOS kit? too expensive? im just lookin for some decent fun with my car for now untill i can afford big mods. By the way, i hear some talk about JDM engines being tuned slightly different?? My car is JDM so i guess that good for me :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NOS, anyone got any advice on what kit is worth it?

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1
There is a such thing as a nitrous program that will switch to a different ECU program when the Nitrous is on. But I don't know if there is a kit like that for the Celica, and I don't know if that kit would be programmable for race fuel.

Jon
AEM EMS yes, but not on PowerFC. You do have to load map everytime you run this.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What NOS kit is good for the celicas? My engine is just standard internals, so i want something safe and economical yet fun.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Wet 50 shot kit.
Better to add a window (sp?) switch (or something like it), to shut down the spray when you get close to redline so you do not spray when fuel gets cutoff or something.
I do not know much about Nitrous but I believe these are the basic stuff you need to know. Running nitrous is not cheap either, you have to find filling station when you run out. Things like tank warmer or something like that would help too.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Originally posted by larryd
There would really be no benefit to running race gas on the Celica unless you had major work done like turbo or super high compression engine.
I disagree

Originally posted by cool2miketlu
No not really on a NA engine, with PFC yes you can tune it to run on race fuel but you have to upload the racefuel map whenever you run race fuel. Even then the gain is not worth the money you spent for race fuel and tuning that race fuel map for your car.
Again I disagree.

This would be a terrible idea. not to mention doing it correctly (which would be useless) you would have to run 2 tanks each smaller then the stock tank. 1 for high octane, 1 for standard octane. You would also have to ditch the stock tank completely.

if you're gonna go through that much effor tto drag your celica you need to run 1 small tank for high octane only and turn it into a track only car.

if you were to simply add another tank the extra weight would negate ANY gains you're seeing.

running higher octane isnt always about the gains ;) you can get better gains safely. it's not intended to be like nitrous wher eyou throw it in and presto a grip of extra power. :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeh i know race gas isnt nothin like NOS, lol, i jus tthought maybe there was some gain after watching what the guys on speed channel did with an evo 8 which was a 100 percent street car, and it gave them good gains, but since noone here is familiar with that on our cars i wont entertain the thought and thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Originally posted by ADF
yeh i know race gas isnt nothin like NOS, lol, i jus tthought maybe there was some gain after watching what the guys on speed channel did with an evo 8 which was a 100 percent street car, and it gave them good gains, but since noone here is familiar with that on our cars i wont entertain the thought and thanks for the help.
uh several of us have done lots of tuning on different levels of octane gas. anywhere from standard 91 to C103. I know exactly how my car reacts with the changes :)

what I'm saying is that the celica is very reliant on low weight to be fast since we have no real power lol so adding the weight takes away the advantage of any gains you'll get.

also on stock ECU the biggest difference you'll see is how much smoother the car feels.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
arite thanks for the help, appreciated

1 - 16 of 16 Posts