NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2000 Celica GTS. I have noticed that where the front bumper cover meets the front quater panels that there is quite a gap and I can pull my front bumper cover away. The only thing holding the bumper cover on here is one bolt. There is also a clip that it slides in. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to secure this better. YesterdayI looked and I have to push the bumper cover back on. It came apart just from driving. I am looking into new gfx but for now the stock ones will have to do. I hope someone can help me.

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
where the fender meets the bumper there is a clip and that's pretty much the only thing that keeps the bumper in place there. you might be able to tighten the bolts in the engine bay(look at the top of the bumper in the bay)

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
1. Did you put the side into the clip and not under it?
2. There is one bolt on the inside of the bumper that holds the bumper to the fender.....is it there?

3. Do you have the Styrofoam between the bumper and the bumper support? (requires taking the bumper off to check.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have all that. It just seems like to one bolt that holds it one never gets tight. Could it be stripped? Can I replace it?

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by StoutCelica
I have all that. It just seems like to one bolt that holds it one never gets tight. Could it be stripped? Can I replace it?
Sure just replace the rubber clip that it screws into.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts