NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through my old backups and found the letter i sent to Servco.

For those that don't know, I had a 2003 Matrix that I loved dearly. James and I were Matrix Brothers but now Brandon has taken the torch. The Matrix was a great car. Servco/Toyota Sales was a breeze to work with. Servco/Service left a LOT to be desired.

Needless to say, the letter you are about to read fully documents why i will never buy another Toyota as long as Servco is the only authorized Hawaii dealer/service center. If somehow by a miracle i can get an appointment to change my oil WITHIN A DAY, or get my car fixed under warranty within a reasonable amount of time, AND get treated like a CUSTOMER WHO JUST SPENT $20K on a new car.... I may consider it.

Needless to say, the letter spawned more than a few phone calls from Servco as it trickled from the top down.

I encourage ALL OF YOU WITH PROBLEMS WITH SERVICE TO WRITE A LETTER AND SEND IT! Sitting behind your computers and complaining about bad service is just as bad as people who grumble about the government but didn't bother to vote. The only way the top brass at Servco will ever do something about the horrendous service is if YOU speak up and MANY OF YOU speak up. Let them know what your story is...

I promise it will be worth it in the end.

------------------

5/13/03

Servco Pacific, Inc.
900 Fort Street Mall, Suite 600
Honolulu, HI 96816

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter to inform you that as of this moment I am no longer driving in my 2003 Toyota Matrix XR. I really loved the car, but I could no longer justify owning it due to the poor quality of service that Servco Toyota has given me. I bought my car in March of 2002. I purchased a shiny new Matrix XR in black from Cameron Kuboyama in fleet sales. My purchasing experience was fantastic. He was a great person to deal with and didn't make me feel uncomfortable unlike other car salespersons. He catered to my needs and went out of his way to make sure everything went smoothly in the purchasing process. I have to reiterate that the car was great! It was roomy, sporty and fit my lifestyle well. My first servicing with Servco was at their Waipahu location on August 7, 2002. Over a month

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Damn, that was a good read. :) I was sad to see your Matrix go, but the Honda has been such a worthwhile investment. I don't think I've ever heard you complain about the service you recieve with this car.

I've taken over doing the servicing on my car myself, because it's just more convenient for me. I just can't bring my car in to the service department at 7am for a simple oil change and have to wait until 1-2pm to get the car done. I actually waited once thinking the car would take an hour and a half max... and ended up getting stuck there for most of the day. I should have asked before deciding to wait, and I figured it was my fault to assume it would get worked on right away. Still, that sucked.

No biggie, because I'd rather do the work myself anyway... but for most ppl, that's gotta suck. I have two jobs to work around, and I found it hard to get my work schedule to jive on days when I had to take the car in for service. I got a loaner on a couple of occasions that made life much easier for me, but it isn't often that one is available... I can understand that tho.

For the most part, my 2001 GT-S has been trouble-free. I thank God for that, because I see so many on this forum with quirks and gremlins that they just can't seem to get fixed. I count my blessings that my car doesn't require more than what I am capable of doing myself.

It's been quite awhile since I've heard a complaint about the service departments Servco has on this island... is it because service has improved perhaps? It seemed like the last couple times I had brought the car in for warranty work, the service department had been making some efforts to make a few improvements.

Or is it because, like me, alot of ppl are now servicing their cars themselves or elsewhere? I'm curious to know now.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well to be honest... my problem was just warranty work mostly. it was a pain just to get that taken care of.

i am all for doing your own oil changes, but at that point in my life i felt i SHOULDNT HAVE TO! I could afford to have someone else change it for me and save me the work of doing it. The other issue was that the car was BRAND NEW STILL and to have to fix these things was such a problem. It was like having a sick child that you had to baby sit.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
holly crap. i just PMed clint about the problems i had with servco and my CEL. i started reading your letter and after the seccond paragraph i got curious as to how long it was. scrolled down... scrolled down a little more.. a little more... and more.. very detailed letter. im going to keep reading...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what i find ironic now:

i pass by mitsubishi's lot and see that Lancer EVO sitting there with that huge intercooler and think to myself... man... i wonder how the service department covers warranty issues on that thing?

Its humorous now. Cars like the Scion are sporting more and more FACTORY aftermarket parts and accessories. How can they NOT cover things like a CEL light under warranty????

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Originally posted by SiRxVAdERxEP3
what i find ironic now:

i pass by mitsubishi's lot and see that Lancer EVO sitting there with that huge intercooler and think to myself... man... i wonder how the service department covers warranty issues on that thing?

Its humorous now. Cars like the Scion are sporting more and more FACTORY aftermarket parts and accessories. How can they NOT cover things like a CEL light under warranty????
I hear Mitsubishi sucks when it comes to warranty issues on the EVO. Apparently you can't do too much with them before the dealer gives you probs... and then they void your warranty if they find out you've been taking it to track events. Wow.

Why even BUY the damned thing then?? Especially at the ridiculous price Mitsubishi dealers are selling them for down here. At least Subaru dealers are more lax, both on price, and on warranty service (from what I hear).

How are the Scions dealing with recon?? I remember a service advisor telling me they stopped selling TRD equipped Solaras because they couldn't pass recon.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess they just want you to drive it on the street. you know... turbos are great in traffic!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by QWKsilvr808
I hear Mitsubishi sucks when it comes to warranty issues on the EVO. Apparently you can't do too much with them before the dealer gives you probs... and then they void your warranty if they find out you've been taking it to track events. Wow.

Why even BUY the damned thing then?? Especially at the ridiculous price Mitsubishi dealers are selling them for down here. At least Subaru dealers are more lax, both on price, and on warranty service (from what I hear).
Yup EVO owners are finding out that if drive thier car at say an autocross event and the dealer finds out about it they have a strict "limited" warranty coverage after that. Also Subaru deals have a list of aftermarket parts that will void warranties.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't even want to remember the little things I had to deal with. Honestly, I don't complain anymore because I don't have warranty coverage anymore and haven't been to servco in almost 2 years. I guess that's why I have no complaints?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Originally posted by bad-driver00GT
I don't even want to remember the little things I had to deal with. Honestly, I don't complain anymore because I don't have warranty coverage anymore and haven't been to servco in almost 2 years. I guess that's why I have no complaints?
I yelled at a poor customer service rep that woke me up one evening after he asked me how I would rate SERVCO's service. I think I left a whole bunch of names but no one ever got back to me.

Scotty, I'm curious as to what kind of reponse you got from them as a result of your letter?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm..
i got a call from: (this is going by memory)
some top dog of overal Servco
some VP of Servco Toyota City
some head service manger of Toyota City

they all called me and hoped that one day i would trust in servco and purchase a toyota again.

ummm no way.

i asked them to help me sell my matrix. the last guy said that he would contact the used car sales manager and see if they could work out a deal. i never heard from either of them again.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Wow, I didn't get any response. They did offer to fix the dents and gouges in my hatch but I didn't follow up. I don't want anyone touching my car except me or someone at the shop.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did you write them a letter and address it to President/Servco Hawaii?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Originally posted by SiRxVAdERxEP3
did you write them a letter and address it to President/Servco Hawaii?
Nah, when they replaced the rear hatch struts they scratched and dented the underside. I brought it up with the service manager (Jodi) and she took care of it. I posted something about it on this forum. The technician and service rep both denied doing it even though the rotary blade that was used left ferrous debris all over and in the scratch itself. Btw, this was warrantied by a TSB. I'll probably be doing my own maintenance in the future.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
like i said before, the only real way to get the message across to servco is to write um. they wont ever change because everyone cuts them slack or it goes unreported. i doubt the top brass cares until customers write them and tell um what a lousyy experience they had and that they no longer willl purchase from them.

bottom line: no one speaks up, nothing ever changes. im sure im just one of a very small handful of people who write.

my whole point to this is:
ive done my share of oil changes during my lifetime and i've wrenched on my own car too. I would rather PAY someone to do it for me especially if its under warranty. why couldn't servco service me in a timely manner where you are treated like an important customer that means a lot to their business?

ah well we tried...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
just curious, if youre not going to purchase another car from servco, why do you care if they change their service?

seems to me, that eventually hawaii will have enough bad experiences that sales will drop and servco will realize what are are doing (or not doing). or course by then it will be too late for their sorry company.

also, its ironic that their name is serv co.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kyler,
the point is: id love to buy another toyota but i wont until servco changes its ways. sure i care.

the problem here is apathy. nothing ever changes if you dont do something about it. its this thought process that you have that keeps hoping that "others" will do it for you.

it wont happen unless you speak up.
the problem also lies in the fact that the only place to get toyota is servco. the only place to service your car under warranty is servco. so unless that changes (i highly doubt it will) you have no choice.

i think most people are like you and feel that "others" will complain enough for them and hope servco will see a change. when servco is the only game in town that is highly unlikely. this is why your opinion counts and your words are like money to them. voice your opinion if theres something you dont like about their service. let them know that you wont be buying another toyota. if you never speak up, they will never know.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts