NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i've had a tiny sqeak (thats sounds like a belt), everytime i let off the clutch, and give the car gas, so i decided to take the car in. go in, talk to the service rep, dude was cool about it, and knew that i had been in for this problem 2 other times. he looks up the parts numbers that were placed on the celica, and noticed that the belts were wrong/defective. after a few minutes of talking, he lets me know that for all the trouble, he was going to throw in a 30k service. i was like ok..., what all is involved? oil change...didnt need it, i do it myself. trany fluid... ok, i was going to do it soon, but if they want to do it... fine with me. check and fix the brakes, sweet. tires alignment, and balance, ect. cool cool. i drop the car off, and later that day i pick it up. check the paper work. belts replaced, and 30k service... free. i was like DAMN!!! get in the celica, and it was like a brand new car. shifts smoother, no belt noise, and the celica seem'd to have a little extra power. i think maybe due to the injector flush thingy...? welp, im happy, with there service, and just thought i would throw out the word, if anyone is looking for better service than the dealer in there area.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, didnt pay anything. i just told them, "hey, i've been in here, several times trying to get these belts fix'd, and they work for a month and sqeak again..." dude jumps on the computer, and sure e-nuf... plus this guy was new i think. he knew his stuff on the celicas, and corolla's. but yeah, $150 of 30k service... free? cant argue. plus i know the lead tech for toyota/lexus there, and i noticed his name on some of the paper work(dont know if he had a hand in this?). shoot, everytime i need a tire rotated, its free. i think they get all their money from the old timers lol!!!

just figured i'd tell everyone, since a while back i saw a few threads about dealerships taking some of the celica owners on this board for a ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.