NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did any1 see matts new rims in his sig?? those rims have to be 1 of the sexiest rims i've EVER seen on the celi. IMO those are the 2nd best lookin rims i'v ever seen next to the dannon (spell??) rims on this wide body e46 M3 around my way

if that's not a photoshop matt, i give u maaaaaaaaaaad props for finding those rims man :drool: x 1000000000000000000000000000

for any1 that didn't see matt's new rims, just scroll down till you see his car

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146846

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
HAAHAAAA!!!!!!!! thanks mike! yeah, i love these new shoes! and let me tell you, i have everyone from dodge rams, to old oldsmobile 98s, and jeep yj's revving at me now and turning crazy heads! i think that these rims make my car now and to top it off, i got them for FREE :D

my friend traded in his 2002 jetta and we were gonna throw on my stock gts 16's (because he sold his stock rims) and he was gonna give me the 19s for nothing anyways, but the 16s wouldnt fit on the front hub of the jetta, so i had to sacrifice the tsw's for these. which i dont really mind at all. these are 19" ADR X-factors in H.M.C. silver (looks like chrome) and are about 2 months old with brand new parada spec-II rubber. im loving 'em!!! :)

i will post more pics of the rims and shots on the car when i get home from work. thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
thanks kia. i dont see the 350 though... :confused:

and yes, i still have the injen with the infamous low-end bog :sadpace:

but now that im rollin' on some heavy as$ 19's, im not necessarily going for the "go" factor anymore. but it would be nice if i didnt have that problem anymore :(

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
thanks fabian. now i just need to order a set of slotted rotors and new pads. my original stock, rusted, POS rotors make my car look nasty! if only i could afford a big brake kit!

i

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
holy crapper moly......19!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even though it looks good as hell, i bet they change ur cars performance alot huh?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
omg i didnt even notice! NIIIIIIICE..for some reason i wasnt feeling the rims u had b4 mattay...sowwy!

btw..mike..y do u have lindsay's car in ur sig?

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Viola4ka said:
btw..mike..y do u have lindsay's car in ur sig?
what does it say under the pic ;)

plus he wants me to sell the stuff from his car, so i will be puttin those up on my sig too (including the rims)

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
ok gotcha

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Originally posted by Locust13
The car is lookin really good matt. last time I stopped in here you were having problems with that new motor you got (damaged in shipping.) I guessing that it all came together well :)
yeah, it all came together very well. i just swapped off the broken parts with my original motor and did the full swap in 4 days.

but now my valves are so unbelievably loud! :( i definitely need to have them adjusted. when the radio is off, thats all you can hear is the valve clatter. its sounds so bad. has anyone adjusted theirs on their own or gone to a dealership to have it done? im not ready to spend $750+ to have a dealership do it, but im weary about doing it myself. (i also said that about doing the engine swap and look what happened :p: ) if i get up enough balls, i might tackle this on my own.

Originally posted by TRD StreetRacing
holy crapper moly......19!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even though it looks good as hell, i bet they change ur cars performance alot huh?
to me, its not really a noticeable change. yeah it might be a little slower, but i was using my stock 16s for a few weeks and making those tires literally banana peels from all the burnouts i was doing. so going from 16 --> 19 was a big difference. other than that and feeling every single little crack in the road because of the 2" of rubber i have, i love the new look :D its worth the sacrifice IMO

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Very nice, but im not big fan of shiny chrome rims, but those look nice!

Anyways, i probably wont get rims till the end of my senior year... grad money presents will help, lol. But anyways, i for one like the look of gunmetal rims with silver polished lips. For my car i like the konig imagines: chop below -

but i also like the look of the 5 spoke style rims as well. Any suggestions? And hey guess what!!! i was talkin with my parents and they were tellin me that when i am done with my applications, done with my art portfolio, and accepted to college, that they would give me 300 bucks towards anything i want for my car such as stereo equipment, rims, etc.

-greg

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
your parents are obviously deficient. thats gotta be the most RETARTDED thing i have ever heard a parent to do for their kid JUST for filling out peperwork and getting into college

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
dude.....its so different then just gettin good grades........i gotta do a shiat load of art work for AP art class during the year to prepare my portfolio and also for different art contests we the students have to be in.

-greg

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
:drool: Car looks tough now. Before it was exotic with the TSW's, now it's just a bad ass. :thumbup:

Good luck with that thin 35 series rubber matt. After driving around on those exact same tires for 2 years, I swore to myself I will never go back to low pro tires. Great for show, but not for a daily driver.

Nonetheless, they looks very very sweet. I'm jealous. :D

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Originally posted by IllicaCelica
How did your rims fit on a VW? Totally different bolt pattern....
its not a totally different pattern. the Mk IV jetta's have the 5 x 100 lug pattern, so do cavaliers and a bunch of other cars.

greg, quit bringing up that damn picture!!!

thanks joe! yeah, i know there are gonna be times when i regret riding on 35 series. but i like 'em and love how they give my car a new look

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the only thing bad about spoke rims are that they show ur stock brake system. once you get a big brake system it will look and feel a whole lot different

talkin about big brake system, i got to ride in a jetta that had the S4 calipers (not too sure if it was 2 or 4 piston) and i almost hit my head on the dash board when held brakes :AF:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts