NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hood shakes while driving on the highway, is this normal? Anyone else has seen this happen? It shakes towards the bak part close to the windshield.

·
Registered
936 Posts
From what I read in other threads its normal but if it really bothers you check the bolts to the hood and latch to make sure they're secured

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ya know, i noticed it on the old celica but with my new Suby(Legacy GT) i dont see it. The Subaru has a larger scoop but i guess the hood on the Celica was weaker.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
yup happens to me too. the rear center of the hood i think isnt supported underside enough and does that :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Been wondering about the same thing lately. Mine tends to shake more at idle and at stoplights though

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow, I guess it is normal then..still, I had never had a car with that issue before!! It can be unerving to see that shake so much while driving!!!

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
mine shakes like you are describing. You can always go with hoodpins if its scaring you.

Is this oem hood or cf version?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup, even though you know the hood is secured, still gets you to think the "what if" scenarios when it shakes like that!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
mine shakes aswell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts