NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**don't know if this should be in here or in performance forum**
**Mod please move if neccessary** ;o)

so yeah, is it worth it?? like get one from autometer with a 8.5rpms "pill" ..just wondering if it's worth the money or just make the interior looks funny..

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
To me they just look so huge. It would be nice to make a custom one that was just one hella bright LED That you had stuck in the gauge face somewhere. Bright like the kind for an alarm blinker.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Someone stole my Shift light and tach I do say tho instead of looking down at the gauge cluster and trying to look at the road at the same time it was nice. Constant shift all the time I was always able to pull on everything instead of banging it off the rev limter and losing power but its up to you. Im gonna mold a shift light in my actual center console and aim it towards me.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I'm pretty sure Autometer makes one that will fit in a gauge pod if you want it to be less obtrusive. Also you will want to program it for an 8,000 RPM light. If you use an 8500 RPM pill it will never go off and you will get to know your rev limiter better ;)

·
Registered
419 Posts
where can i get a programable one, and can i program it to be on for multiple RPMs? like i want a green one to flash when i hit 4000, then a yellow one to flash when i hig 6000, and finally a red one at 8000, that way ill know better where I am along the way, and also i could install it on a crappy car to help me teach people who dont know how to drive a manual, how to drive a manual

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Someone should make one using a bright led and have it installed on the dash. Have it aimed towards the windshield so when it flashes, you'll see the reflection of the light as you're driving, having your attention on the road at the same time rather than having to look down or elsewhere.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
SlamminS85 said:
where can i get a programable one, and can i program it to be on for multiple RPMs? like i want a green one to flash when i hit 4000, then a yellow one to flash when i hig 6000, and finally a red one at 8000, that way ill know better where I am along the way, and also i could install it on a crappy car to help me teach people who dont know how to drive a manual, how to drive a manual
There was one company that had a sequential shift light, it was like 6 leds, 2 green 2 yellow and 2 red. Try a search for it
Swing Fixer said:
I'm pretty sure Autometer makes one that will fit in a gauge pod if you want it to be less obtrusive. Also you will want to program it for an 8,000 RPM light. If you use an 8500 RPM pill it will never go off and you will get to know your rev limiter better ;)
Yes autometer has 2 1/16" shift lights with a green/yellow/red fade, along with digital readout and programming.

http://www.autometer.com/cat_accessorieslist.aspx?pid=47

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that raptor one don't look bad at all..i'm taking it into consideration..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts