NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Hi, 3 years ago I used to shipped my wife`s car from San Jose to New York, I don`t really remember what company i used but i found from the website, just search from GOOGLE or somewhere, I shipped by TRUCK with INSURANCE + TRACKING SATELLITE ONLINE, it cost me around $1100, i believe if its just shipped will cost around $850-$900, it takes 10-12 days. Remember : Don`t just call one company, try to call few of them & get a cheaper one. I don`t know if they higher the price or not, but that was 3 years ago.
I saw your car have a body kit, Im not sure if they can take a good care of it, you have to ask them.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Shipping will be around 1300-1600. It used to be 800-1000 to ship but the diesel prices have gone up and slowly coming down but the fuel surcharge is still set high right now. Search for automotive transportation in the yellow pages or online.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
redlinee46s3 said:
Shipping will be around 1300-1600. It used to be 800-1000 to ship but the diesel prices have gone up and slowly coming down but the fuel surcharge is still set high right now. Search for automotive transportation in the yellow pages or online.
true, i sent my car one time from las vegas to north carolina it costed me 1100. Then couple months ago, i tried to send it back, but they wanted 1400 from the same company since gas has gone up. So i towed it myself with a Budget truck taht costed me 1100.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I shipped my car from NYC to Long Beach, CA in April and that cost me $990. I believe the company was called AAA but they are not affiliated with the better known triple A company. There is no need for a covered transport as most of the insurance they provide are enough to cover the cost of 5 brand new celicas.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
oh yeah, btw, forgot to add, if your car is lowered, they will not ship your car the normal way. It's because they can't strap your wheels properly down. You then have to pay 2500 at the minimum to get it shipped. THey will put it in the back of a 18 wheeler type of thing. They said they use it for most corvettes, lambos, fararies and other very low cars. THis way also has the best protection since it is in an enclosed area so no diesel or rock chips on your car. The normal way is they put your car and like 12 other cars on this big rack thing. What car dealerships get their cars in. Hope that helps out a little more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey, This is Mathew Barnes from Baltimore, I shipped my car from "all state to state auto transport" company which is located in Baltimore Maryland, they are providing quality service within a reasonable price.
soi suggest you try and have visited if you live near it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts