NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a site that I can get the price to ship a car from Germany to the U.S. I'm buying a new car but I need to find out the shipping costs to get the deal done. Thanks

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
around 600-900 bucks last i checked. My motorcycle only cost 500.

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts
whatcha getting will?

·
Registered
559 Posts
hell yeah it's way cheaper to ship a car to the states( like 700-900) for a celica but about 1000 + from FL to Germany!
the cheapest way is to have someone that drops it off at Bremerhafen (port). if u gotta pay them to bring it there it's way more!
the prices I mentioned are RORO ships (roll on roll off) and it's the cheapest way to get a car shipped and the safest!! DON't put it in an container!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
if u put it in a container most of the time they handle it like they handle all other kind of goods (cuz they don't know what's in it!)! if the car isn't securly fastened it will start to slide and hit the walls of the container...I have heard of one guy who shipped a mustang over here and he put it in a container and they placed something on the roof! and walked over the car!! he had dents and scratches all over the roof and hood and it had to be repainted! A RORO ship is the kind of boat our cars get to us from Japan. or Porsche, Mercedes....get shipped to the states...I don't know the name of the company the US Military use to get cars shipped over here, but if u got any kind of system/turbo timer/ boost controler...in ur car, take it out or hide it as good as possible cuz they'll steel it! my boy exotic performance (in my sig) shipped his car from FL to Germany and now (3 years later) he shipped it back to FL and they didn't scratch or dent anything on his car!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
before i got my celica, i was going to have a skyline shipped here. but the shipping and conversion fee's were going to kill me. $1200 for shipping and about $12,000 for the conversion.

·
Registered
559 Posts
the good thing in Germany is if ur stationed in Japan and get orders to Germany you can bring ur car with you! but u can't bring it to the states--well actually you can but it's gonna be a lot of $$! Or you could take it apart and put it back together in the US and register it as a kit car...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts