NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I have a buyer in MS who paid for my gts rims/tires. Everything was all good. I put the rims/tires in my adr 18" box. they didnt fit but i cut the corners and then used tape.
took it to the post office and the lady goes..wtf is that lol. anyway total came up to $33 each!!
It cant be that much.
What service did you guys use to ship rims/tires. I cant understand how business send you tires for only $20 shippin for all tires. There has to be a cheaper way.

Lets get some feedback fellas!!!

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
to be honest with you, IMO $33 is pretty good for a package that size....the reason why businesses get such better deal in shipping, is because they have shipping accounts with the carriers and they ship in volume.

What was the measurement of the package and the weight of each?

·
Registered
594 Posts
With fedex ground shipping, from NY to MS it quoted a price of 21.75 a piece.
I assumed box dimesions of 24"x24"x24" and 45 lbs.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
cooltoy2000 said:
He is saying $33 each. $142 total.
I know that.....I was saying it wasn't bad of a price referring per individual package....and $33 X 4 is $132

edit:
assuming each wheel is 35 lbs and the packages are 24x24x24 inches, UPS ground estimates $27 per package. Then again that might vary from your zip to the destination zip.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya but I didnt think it would cost that much. Was lookin for 300 for the tire/wheel package which I thought was cheap already. Sold set for $350 shipped. Gonna get supremely raped jus shipping it. Might have to jus reimburse buyer with his money and apologize.

$350 - 142 = $158 for GTS RIMS AND TIRES!!!!

I wouldnt even dare sell my GT rims/tires for that price.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I ship wheels and tires out of the post office on a quarterly basis. For a 16" wheel and tire (w/ air capacity in tire 75% full), it is usually $20/tire,wheel set w/ insurance and delivery confirmation. So, for the 4, it would be 80.00. For 17's and 18's, I usually pay about 95 and 110 respectively. If you just have the rims in the box, it can vary. Ive only run into 1 problem where they wouldnt ship a set I had. I think it had something to do w/ them having to leave the CONUS.

·
Registered
594 Posts
take a deep breath.. go to fed ex.. $21 a piece.. ship them to me, so I don't have to look for a set of gt-s wheels for the 5th time :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.