NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got some hotchkis springs and J.C. told me under normal driving conditions, my stock shocks would last 6-12 months. im thinking about getting koni yellows or tokicos. im new to cars .. and im wondering how long do these aftermarket shocks last? also.. should i go koni or tokicos? i drive somewhat agressive..not into autox yet.. thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
You know, I don't know much about other shocks, so my opinion isn't the best for comparison, but I really like my Tokico blues.

I had stock, then I installed the TRD Sportivo kit. Awesome kit, but too high of a ride height. So I switched out the shocks/springs with Tokico blues/eibach sportlines. I absolutely love it. It is awesome. I have strut towers in front and back, TRD sways and Bushings still from the Sportivo kit and lower tie bar. I also put on some sticky street rubber. This car handles like God built it. It's stiff, but not crazy stiff. It's low, so the ride isn't that of a Lexus. Either way, I love it.

I do wish they were adjustable for when I go back to auto crossing this season.

Just my situation. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm using Tokico HP's w/ my 1.7/1.6in (F/R) drop and they work fine...I've never tried anyother shocks though because Koni's cost a grip and AGX's arn't made for lowered cars. To be honest I have no idea how long my HP's will last, but they come with a lifetime waranty from Tokico.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.