NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my B&M SS Kit fitted for 6 - 8 months and over the last days it's got really lose and while in gear you can wobble side to side a little. It's not a lot of movement but it didn't move at all.

I've had a look and all the clips are in place. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
it could be the rubber base mounts that are giving out, take apart the shifter assy. and check the mounts. if it is the mounts you should get metal bushings http://speed-source.net/ (not sure if the "Toyota" kit includes Celicas as well) if speed source doesn't have them try checking with TWM performance and see if they can sell u the bushings by itself.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

So you mean the mounts in the shifter part or thew part in the engine bay? I know some people have replaced the ones in the engine bay.

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
jdm-style said:
it could be the rubber base mounts that are giving out, take apart the shifter assy. and check the mounts. if it is the mounts you should get metal bushings http://speed-source.net/ (not sure if the "Toyota" kit includes Celicas as well) if speed source doesn't have them try checking with TWM performance and see if they can sell u the bushings by itself.
The B&M should come with metal replacements for these. at least mine did. Though I do have some play in the shifter as well. I really didn't think to much of it, just figured it was finally broken in.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i got the metal replacements. I have taken if off and refitted it and it feels better but not as tight as it was to start of with.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
^^ so these shifter base bushings from speedsource are better than the ones that come with B&M? I really want to know since i have the B&M.
The wobble may be caused from the rubber shift cable bushings getting stretched out from use. speed source also sells brass shift cable bushings that won't get loose over the years.

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Well, I know when the B&M first came out, there was a bad batch that actually would SPIN in the ball pivot point. I've had my SS almost 3 years now and I haven't had any problems, so if you guys are thinking it might break, then you shouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i think that was a problem in the late 2002-2003 batch. most of them had an allen screw (7/16" maybe) in the ball pivot that should be tightened as hard as possible since it holds it against the shaft. some didnt come with that screw though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts