NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That just about it... What would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
bah, get tint.

Tint helps so much with the looks of your car. I"m sorry but the short shifter only makes things feel better, not necisarily perform better.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I know what a short-shifter is/does, but I can't decide which one I should do right now :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
i dont have tint or a short shifter, but plan on purchasing both SOON. If the offer for a SS is decent i will take it first, I plan on saving the tint work for the summer.

·
Registered
803 Posts
how much does tint cost on avg? i never really looked into it. i can see through my car windows while its parked outside at night and im on the second floor of my house.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
3 windows is about $120, for 5 it's around $180 for our celicas. doesn't matter the size of the window. A window is a window. hehe. I recommend getting 20% for back and rear and 35% for the fronts. Just my opinion. I got 55% for the front and it's not cool during the day.

·
Registered
842 Posts
2k2blkgts said:
3 windows is about $120, for 5 it's around $180 for our celicas. doesn't matter the size of the window. A window is a window. hehe. I recommend getting 20% for back and rear and 35% for the fronts. Just my opinion. I got 55% for the front and it's not cool during the day.
yep, I paid $180 for mine. One of the best investments I could have made on my car, especially since I live in FL. :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
damn tint is expensive. i never looked through it but i thought tint would be cheaper. i have a TWM SS by the way, love the feel of it. but tint won't be a bad idea, like a1even said. its getting to be summer!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Go with the TWM SS. You will love it. Tint is nice but you don't have to worry about getting pulled over with a short shifter!!!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
If anything, the thing that is going to make your car look better and handle better is some TRD springs since it appears you are sticking with TRD on some of your stuff.

Or some other springs. Simply because currently your car looks like it's ready to go off-roading. Get some springs and improve not only the looks of your car but it's performance to some degree.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
$180 for tint? I was quoted only $95 to get mine done. I haven't done it yet though, I'm afraid if I do my driver's side window won't be able to go up and down anymore.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i paid i think 135 for my 4 door 'rolla. I got the metallicized tint done. Winter is prolly the best time to get tint done because business is slow for the tinters and they usually will make a better offer.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Tint is nice but can be expensive especially if you don't adhere to the laws :) I would get the springs first and then SS then Tint.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
$185 for tint is alot! I paid $175 altogether, I got tint the first week I got my Celi $100, then some asshole broke into my car, so after I got a new window I paid $75 to get both driver and passenger sided redone to match.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts