NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, there's a guy who lives by me and he's got this 1994 acura integra and yesterday while i was workin on my car he drove up to me and we started talkin. He said that he's gonna garage his car for the winter and he's gonna put in a new engine and all that kind of stuff. he said that the engine is gonna be either a 2.2 or a 2.5 liter w/ someting around 240hp and since the car weighs only like 1,800lbs, it's gonna be retardedly fast. now, i don't know the first thing about Acura Integras, does what he said make any sense to any of you guys? you guys think i should be worried?

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
1st, you should ask this question after it is done. This is a thread about a race that wont happen until a year from now.

That aside, the 2.2L Honda engine would be the Prelude motor. Which is a good motor.

Off hand, the only other engine I can think 2.5 is the Acura RL engine. Either way, theoretically he will be faster or should be.

Now, how the hell does he weigh 1800 lbs?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Rulz is dead on...

Both those engines are good motors... The prelude engine, I have heard, gives some oversteer when put into the teg or the civic...

Same questions, how does he weigh 1800lbs? Was the inside of his car stripped? Was he driving on 13in weels and no hood or trunk or anything?

·
Registered
273 Posts
2000gts2000 said:
you guys think i should be worried?
And that's the stupidest question... What do you mean should you be worried? Why would you be worried? First, it's not going to be done for a year. Second, are you ever going to see this idiot again? Third, he probably isn't going to do anything because he doesn't know anything...he told you his teg weighs 1800lbs!
And last, don't be worried...it's not like his teg is gonna beat up your celica and make you give him your lunch money...LOL...

·
Registered
21 Posts
that guy is a moron no one swaps prelude ingines to a integra he mind as well get a hatch
thats is just keeping his stocl ls in and making it to a LS/vtech witch is good but a GTS can take it so if the guy does swap a H22 from a prelude into the integra dont racce him u will loose unless his car is not tuned then worh a try

·
Registered
870 Posts
ovadik said:
that guy is a moron no one swaps prelude ingines to a integra he mind as well get a hatch
thats is just keeping his stocl ls in and making it to a LS/vtech witch is good but a GTS can take it so if the guy does swap a H22 from a prelude into the integra dont racce him u will loose unless his car is not tuned then worh a try
learn to type

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
no way a integra body can weigh 1800 lbs, the elise is only 2000 and the mr-s is 2200. Stock integra weighs around 2650 curb weight.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
no way a integra body can weigh 1800 lbs, the elise is only 2000 and the mr-s is 2200. Stock integra weighs around 2650 curb weight. If he does drop the prelude engine in his car, its actually going to make it heavier. The prelude engine is heavy, thats why it causes oversteer.

·
Registered
243 Posts
chris01celica said:
what I got to say is **** acura thats all !!!!! it about gt-s celica
easy there fan boy, acuras are well made cars...like the rsx, which would beat your all mighty gt-s celica

not hating on the celica, i have one, but you cant say that acuras suck

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
^^ true. Maybe the integra's, the gt-s is better than the gs-r stock for stock and mod for mod but it isn't better than a type-r. Another thing about a integra is you have to remember it is a honda, it has a huge aftermarket. I've seen plenty of integra's running 400+ whp, the highest whp gt-s are only 300+. Actually there was one civic on the show pinks which was running a integra engine 600+ whp.

·
Registered
793 Posts
ovadik said:
but some people do swap h22's into integras/civics...

he can also swap a k20 2L or k24 2.4L

but......

by the way your neighbor... he's an idoit!!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
ovadik said:
a ls/vtec depends on how its built to bring out the power, overall it will perform better than a 2zz

IE b18b with pistons, rods and gsr guard, with a b16a head is enough to beat quit a few cars and especially with their chipped ECU which is capable of being revv LIMIT LESS (this is just the basic ls vtec thats affordable)

My boy has a civic with a b20 CRVTEC which is basicly the crv block with a head. His setup was b20 built with the b18c5 head, he ran 13.4 with street tires all motor no spray.

sorry for the offtopic, but back to the 2.2

if he swaps the h22 in there he will have the torque, more than the gts and since the integra is lighter than a prelude, he will be putting the h22 to a good use with the integra shell, however if he has a built head with a gsr ecu, he will be capable of revving much higher than the gts and still prduce power in the higher band

the power of honda is so awsome and so affordable :gap:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
the question is are you going to do anything to your ride...worry about your ride..theres always that thing called driver error while racing

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
timm3r said:
^^ true. Maybe the integra's, the gt-s is better than the gs-r stock for stock and mod for mod but it isn't better than a type-r. Another thing about a integra is you have to remember it is a honda, it has a huge aftermarket. I've seen plenty of integra's running 400+ whp, the highest whp gt-s are only 300+. Actually there was one civic on the show pinks which was running a integra engine 600+ whp.
MWR 404whp stock internals.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
i already know about the mwr car but the fact is, thats only one celica running 400 whp. You see alot more than just one b-series honda running more than 400 whp. They just have so much more aftermarket and potential.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
2000gts2000 said:
ok, there's a guy who lives by me and he's got this 1994 acura integra and yesterday while i was workin on my car he drove up to me and we started talkin. He said that he's gonna garage his car for the winter and he's gonna put in a new engine and all that kind of stuff. he said that the engine is gonna be either a 2.2 or a 2.5 liter w/ someting around 240hp and since the car weighs only like 1,800lbs, it's gonna be retardedly fast. now, i don't know the first thing about Acura Integras, does what he said make any sense to any of you guys? you guys think i should be worried?
there is always going to be someone else faster than you no matter what. so, why even bother or worry??

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
Carbonized_GT said:
timm3r said:
MWR 404whp stock internals.
MWR makes all kinds of internals. I doubt they are running 400 WHP on stock internals. But, I may be wrong.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
dont worry, .... be happy....

run him, give it a try. you win some you loose some. but keep in mind, sometimes, honda motor swaps are not wired correctly so they're not running as fast as they should be.
001s2000 said:
ovadik said:
a ls/vtec depends on how its built to bring out the power, overall it will perform better than a 2zz

IE b18b with pistons, rods and gsr guard, with a b16a head is enough to beat quit a few cars and especially with their chipped ECU which is capable of being revv LIMIT LESS (this is just the basic ls vtec thats affordable)

My boy has a civic with a b20 CRVTEC which is basicly the crv block with a head. His setup was b20 built with the b18c5 head, he ran 13.4 with street tires all motor no spray.

sorry for the offtopic, but back to the 2.2

if he swaps the h22 in there he will have the torque, more than the gts and since the integra is lighter than a prelude, he will be putting the h22 to a good use with the integra shell, however if he has a built head with a gsr ecu, he will be capable of revving much higher than the gts and still prduce power in the higher band

the power of honda is so awsome and so affordable :gap:
my friend has a b20vtec as well. no internals and no type r head tho. but his car runs like **** right now. for some reason, after 2nd gear his car stops pullin. he also has some boggin issues

1 - 20 of 22 Posts