NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a celica gts for about 4 years. I bought it stock and over time I've put about 5k into the car... but anyone who has owned a celica knows that you need at least 10 to make it anywhere near fast. The celica is my first car and I love it alot but I get so mad when some 16 year old pulls up to me at a stop light in his stock WRX and totally smokes me (its embarrassing). A local toyota dealership recently offered 15k for the car and when I refused they upped their offer to 18. Although the celica is my first love I also really like the G35. I have about 5k in the bank and combined with the 18 that I would get for my car I would probably be able to find a G35 in my price range. I am, of course, looking for a coupe in 6 speed preferably black... If anyone has any useful thoughts/info on the infinity or other nice cars for around 25k please post, thanks

·
Banned
350 Posts
truspin86 said:
I have owned a celica gts for about 4 years. I bought it stock and over time I've put about 5k into the car... but anyone who has owned a celica knows that you need at least 10 to make it anywhere near fast. The celica is my first car and I love it alot but I get so mad when some 16 year old pulls up to me at a stop light in his stock WRX and totally smokes me (its embarrassing). A local toyota dealership recently offered 15k for the car and when I refused they upped their offer to 18. Although the celica is my first love I also really like the G35. I have about 5k in the bank and combined with the 18 that I would get for my car I would probably be able to find a G35 in my price range. I am, of course, looking for a coupe in 6 speed preferably black... If anyone has any useful thoughts/info on the infinity or other nice cars for around 25k please post, thanks
Buy a new one, more reliable issues + warranty, and if you got the money spend it on the G35 its a way better car then a celica. But that car eats gas once you mod it so if you got the money for it go ahead it should be worth it

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
If your looking to get G35 just to race these WRX car's forget it pal.
your going to need a lamborghini for that one. G35's are heavy cars.
your better off with your celica better gas milage. I drove my GT about 25miles a week at moderate speeds and the gas last me for about two week's. But just do the research before you commit.

·
Banned
350 Posts
CEGONAX-MAN said:
If your looking to get G35 just to race these WRX car's forget it pal.
your going to need a lamborghini for that one. G35's are heavy cars.
your better off with your celica better gas milage. I drove my GT about 25miles a week at moderate speeds and the gas last me for about two week's. But just do the research before you commit.
wow you drove ur GT 25 miles a week and it lasted u 2 weeks LOL! you must have bad gas mileage if a tank last you only 50 miles!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
ZenoGenProducts said:
wow you drove ur GT 25 miles a week and it lasted u 2 weeks LOL! you must have bad gas mileage if a tank last you only 50 miles!
I might be way off on my calculation's....How much milage did you get?

·
Registered
522 Posts
U DROVE 25 MILES A WEEK AND A TANK LASTED U 2 WEEKS...
25 x 2 = 50

i drive my celica at least 200 miles a week and it last me around 2 weeks..

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
marc said:
someone will always be faster.

who cares ? Do you have something to prove ? Is your penis really that small ?
I think it's more about me going fast personally... not me going faster than other people, and although there are many cars that go faster than a G35 there are alot more cars that go faster than a celica... and in answer to your question, "do I have something to prove?", I think everyone who modifies a car for preformance has something to prove; that their knowlege of cars and creativity of customization allows their car to be faster, thats why we race.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ZenoGenProducts said:
Buy a new one, more reliable issues + warranty, and if you got the money spend it on the G35 its a way better car then a celica. But that car eats gas once you mod it so if you got the money for it go ahead it should be worth it
Thanks for the advice but I think used with low miles is the way to go for me. I dont think it really matters because with the work I'm doing to it the warranty would be long gone anyways.

·
Banned
350 Posts
truspin86 said:
Thanks for the advice but I think used with low miles is the way to go for me. I dont think it really matters because with the work I'm doing to it the warranty would be long gone anyways.
i'd check on the recalls from the past models if i were you, some had transmission problems and another feature that causes accidents i forgot what it was

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ZenoGenProducts said:
i'd check on the recalls from the past models if i were you, some had transmission problems and another feature that causes accidents i forgot what it was
Really, thanks for the info... I'll have to look into that.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
well im wondering wether i should add a g35 to the carport. dealer is asking 37 grand for a 2006 g35 sport pacage 6 speed, black, with sunroof. @ 720 dollars amonth for 5 years- interest at apr- 9.75 and 6 grand down. all this because i have no credit.

i am guessing if i do all this maybe down the road i can get approved for a kick ass car.
what do you all think. i think they said the six speed with lsd is rated @ 290 hp.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wow 720 a month for 60 months and $6k thats $49k+ thats more than I'd ever pay for a G35. I'd say don't do it, just build up some credit and wait a year or 2. There are some badass cars on the way. But its your money so its all up to you. They aren't mod freindly either I guess that goes with out saying. I pay 450/month with $1500 down on my car.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
^ yeah that is a lil wack. they high payments i can handle for her, but the over charge is kind off ****ed up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts