NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car blew a tire on the highway and ran into a metal guardrail. Rest is explanatory; It's totaled.

However I bought it back from the insurance company. The car still runs and drives. Suspension and engine were spared. The following needs to be fixed:

-Hood
-Passenger Fender
-Wheel well/under engine plastics
-Front Bumper
-Passenger headlight
-Washer Fluid Box
-Radiator bent but not leaking
-Radiator support slightly bent
-AC Lines bent slightly but not kinked

And now for the big one, a new front frame rail(Quoted at about $2000 P&L)

So the thing is, do I get it fixed? I have $6500 to throw at the car. Car is a 2005 Tsunami Edition with absolutely no mechanical issues. Has exactly 100k miles. The only worry some part for me is that the car sounds fine however putting it in Drive sometimes gets something to start clicking. Rev the engine though and it sounds fine.

LMK if you needs pics... Though it's basically a picture of a destroyed Celica.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my initial idea but a couple problems that make this hard.
1. It cannot be a stick because my parents want a car they can drive "in emergencies"
2. Finding something with low mileage is impossible.
3. Want to avoid the 00-02 GTs because of oil burning and finding a GTS in my area is near impossible.

Also I already have the Tsunami bumper and headlights, the expensive part is out of the way.

·
Celica Enthusiast
1,247 Posts
for 6500 you can have another celica thats for sure. heck i would sell you mine if i had a back up vehicle

·
@celicatoast
1,622 Posts
Car will never be the same, no matter the repairs IMO. With your budget, I'd get another celica or another car. Swap over any good cosmetics if you get another celica. Glad you're Ok though.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll keep looking for new cars. The car is currently at the shop though and they'll tell me if they can fix it and a price on it. Will keep you guys updated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts