NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going over my fainances for the next 6 months and currently short of my car blowing up and adding in my expected tax return I'll have a bout 5K to spend on my car next april or may. So the question is... should I go with a turbo setup first, looking at C2GAS's turbo or SF hopefully by next year they'll work out the customer service issues, or else looking at going with Trail Authentic Kit, full Tein SS coilovers, Trial CF wing. I really want more power got exhaust and soon to have intake and headers which if I do go turbo will obviously sell but I also wanna get it away from looking stock. So show first or go first??

·
Registered
405 Posts
dont spend ya money on the turbo!!! its a waste of money.... its still gonna be slow! go with the header,coilovers,Body kitt,Wing!!!

Just My 2 Cent

·
Registered
896 Posts
it matters which you could drive more with. Kit, wing, and coilovers will look hella tight, but then you have the problem of scratches from the road, and haters. Turbo is fun to drive but there is the driveability and reliabilty problems.

Personally i would go with the turbo kit.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by bOOst tsi
dont spend ya money on the turbo!!! its a waste of money.... its still gonna be slow! go with the header,coilovers,Body kitt,Wing!!!

Just My 2 Cent
Originally posted by trdnerd
how is a turbo celica going to be slow?? one pound of boost.
Yeah I should be pushing 230+ Whp vs the N/A 170+ whp

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing to keep in mind is I do Live in WI so we get nasty cold weather.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Originally posted by bOOst tsi

Just My 2 Cent

·
Registered
293 Posts
Lower and turbo it!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
uhhh wow. you think a turbo is a bigger waste of money than a body kit and all that ****????

a turbo is going to make you appreciate your car even more.... a body kit is going to make you think other people appreciate it even more.

i'd rather save my money than getting all that appearance crap.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
bOOst tsi said:

Just My 2 Cent
this coming from a dsm owner, that's why he says it's "slow"

·
Registered
792 Posts
you can do alot of things other than appearence and a turbo tomake the car much more enjoyable. Get good coilovers and sway bars and get the suspension in line for the twisties and such. It will only cost about 2k and leave 3k for (gasp) investment. Just an idea.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
save your money for a new car

·
Registered
656 Posts
Is your car your daily driver or do u have another car that you drive? If you don't have another car then just get the kit and keep it N/A.

·
Registered
340 Posts
im waiting on a few of tprs projects before i decide to go with boost ;) id much rather have 210 whp n/a then boosted, better reliablilty with n/a

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Originally posted by Mayhem2k
im waiting on a few of tprs projects before i decide to go with boost ;) id much rather have 210 whp n/a then boosted, better reliablilty with n/a
unless TPR is gonna make cams I dont think you'll see 210 whp.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah its my daily driver but I also heard that low boosted 5-6 psi turbos are fairy reliable.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
If you wanted a straight-line "fast" car, you should have never chosen the Celica...

Bottom line, if you want to "go," invest in a suspension upgrade - stiffer springs, sway bars, and a strut tower bar. Then get some speed-rated rubber. Enjoy the curves and your Celica for what it is.

If you prefer to join the ricer contingent, go ahead and waste your money on a pointless body kit that will eventually scrape up unless you drive like your grandmother, neons, and Altezzas which will win you points at a car show.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Originally posted by Ugly Pete
uhhh wow. you think a turbo is a bigger waste of money than a body kit and all that ****????

a turbo is going to make you appreciate your car even more.... a body kit is going to make you think other people appreciate it even more.

:werd:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts