NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
StrictlyCelica.com welcomes all of you to join our site as a Reader Member! This is a great way to show off your ride.

What is being a Reader Member mean? It means you will be able to sign up for our website and upload 4 pictures of your Celica which we will host!!! You will also be able to enter any information you would like, for example your name or modifications you have performed on your Celica. This is all great, but how much does this cost? It is all absolutely FREE!

What are the benefits of joining, well you have your own webpage on our site with pictures of your car that you can change at anytime. You will become a member of the forum automatically to talk about the rides and any other Celica interests. You also receive 1 Vote per month to vote on the Celica picture you think is the best. The picture with the most votes at the end of the month gets to be on the FIRST page of StrictlyCelica.com for that whole month! Please sign up today!!! Simply go to the site and click Join at the top right of the Website. See you around!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why Wait! You have the ability to change your pictures and edit your descriptions of the pictures at any time!!! Plus we have a chatroom feature to talk to other Celica Members. Even if you don't have a picture you can still Vote for other Celica's. These features have just been released and with our strong relation with DCM we thought we would offer it to all of you first! Check it out and let me know how you like it!!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
i'll check it out sometime.. sounds good.. i gotta say, your post sounds hillarious reading it.. you are pitching the website and that's cool.. it just sounds like a great sales pitch or one of those info mercials on tv where they are like "what do you get" well.. if you buy now, you'll get this cool thingy magigy, and wait, act now and you'll also recieve this.. just because we want you to sign up today, we will also send you this,.. this is a limited time offer, prices and blah can change, blah blah blha.. :)

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
the site is kinda tough to navigate through. I registered and didn't put in any pics of my car. Then I decided I wanted to and when I tried to go back to my profile I had to start all over again. Need to fix that.

-Wil

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not true, you can change things, we have to authorize you first. We check to make sure people don't upload bad pics, you know what I mean. You are now authorized so you can login and change your pictures.

As for the sales pitch I thought it was funny..hehe

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Uhmmm, there is a reader;s rides section on this site and there is a profile thread in this forum for all of us to put our stuff in. Why don't the Strictly Celica guys/gals join NC.org and get international exposure as opposed to remaining regional?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
NC.org is a huge site and we like it a lot but we want to create a different site. Our reader ride section is not form based like 98% of the other sites, it is through PHP coding which I think makes it a lot better. I know our site might seam like we are re-inventing the wheel but we are not, we are going past that. I have so many ideas that have not been explored in other sites it is crazy. I just have to do them one at a time. I think if you sign up and check it out you might like it better. Our site is not just for people that are in VA it is for every where. NC.org is for all generation celica's, Strictlycelica.com is for 7th Generation only. The majority of StrictlyCelica is already on NC.org but we want to be part of multiple sites.

I thought we would have a lot more signs up from DCM then we have received. I thought Celica owners would like to show off there car and compete for the front page of a website. Are site is not as big as this site but we do draw a nice amount of traffic. I just ask for people to try it out, if you don't like it I totally understand but I think you will. I know change is hard, but change is also good.

·
Registered
678 Posts
true, i mean i havent seen other celica sites where you can upload your own pics, have your own page where you can send any friend the link, get all the info about the car and person with one click. true, you can upload your pics to other celica sites, then go searching for them in a gallery, then look up a users info somewhere else.....we tried to put everything together organized thats all. i think its great

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
smak said:
NC.org is a huge site and we like it a lot but we want to create a different site. Our reader ride section is not form based like 98% of the other sites, it is through PHP coding which I think makes it a lot better. I know our site might seam like we are re-inventing the wheel but we are not, we are going past that. I have so many ideas that have not been explored in other sites it is crazy. I just have to do them one at a time. I think if you sign up and check it out you might like it better. Our site is not just for people that are in VA it is for every where. NC.org is for all generation celica's, Strictlycelica.com is for 7th Generation only. The majority of StrictlyCelica is already on NC.org but we want to be part of multiple sites.

I thought we would have a lot more signs up from DCM then we have received. I thought Celica owners would like to show off there car and compete for the front page of a website. Are site is not as big as this site but we do draw a nice amount of traffic. I just ask for people to try it out, if you don't like it I totally understand but I think you will. I know change is hard, but change is also good.
We tried that but couldn't find anybody emotionally stable enough to host the website ;). Hi Jim! ;) HEHEHE

I think that you wont get many sign ups from DCM because we think of Strickly Celica as the VB sister to DCM. That is your guys thing. Believe me I think we would prefer to have a website (that is my summer project), but we do it here instead.

·
Registered
710 Posts
bastard!

:)

ringthree said:

We tried that but couldn't find anybody emotionally stable enough to host the website ;). Hi Jim! ;) HEHEHE

I think that you wont get many sign ups from DCM because we think of Strickly Celica as the VB sister to DCM. That is your guys thing. Believe me I think we would prefer to have a website (that is my summer project), but we do it here instead.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I don't agree. I think this works just fine. Re-invention is unnecessary. My only argument for a DCM site is that the OT rules would be more lax and I could liberally tell people to shut the fuck up when it was necessary. As opposed to the mealy mouthed PC crap we have to deal with in our forum here.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts