NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO i was driving through Downtown Naperville tonight and i pulled up to a light behind a Chevy s-10 pickup with silly graphics on the side and clear Altezza tail lights. the guy had his system bumped up and was tinking he was all tough s*&t. I was him lookin at me in his rearview mirror and when the light turned green he squeeled his tires trying to impress the people in the bars at the corner. SO i figured i would play his game and i kept up with him at every stop sign. Then the rod split to two lanes and i pulled next to him.
We end up at the first stop light side by side. The guy still had his music bumping and started reving his engine. Again...i played his game, gave him a smile and a nod...when the light turned green...i took off. I heard his tires squeal, but to no avail. I left him behind like nothin. As fate wold have it...the next light we are side by side again. But htis time he tries to get a head start and starts creeping REALLY early. SO i let him have his fun creeping but when the light turned i got a really goo start and smoked him AGAIN!
I thought it was rather injoyable...but the guy was pissed so when i got in front of him to turn right he floored it and got right up on me before he swerved into the other lane to miss me. Jerk.
Fun night though...until all hell broke loose....

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
dude probally had the 2.2 inline 4........those are slow. now the V6's are another story.....you'd probably be playing catch up because of the torque

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have beaten Extreme trucks before though too. even when i was stock.

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
a newer manual s10 V6 will beat a corolla anyday......an auto s10 V6 should be a close win for the s10

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
My68Spit said:
I have beaten Extreme trucks before though too. even when i was stock.
GT or GT-S?

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
no stock s10 v6 auto or manual should be a problem for a stock manual gt-s or stock manual gt. assuming equal drivers.

·
Registered
493 Posts
if i was ever racing with Truck or SUV, especially the one's with V8 i make sure i am not gonna race in the city from one light to the other( apart from being dangerous and stupid) its on my disadvantage due to the lack of torque of the gt-s.. but if its on a highway well, there would not be any race because i would probably smoked most of them when i hit 4th...ofcourse there are some exceptions, but that should work with most domestic SUVS
and trucks.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
they are my friend ran a 15.8 in his stock 98 s10 w/ a v6 and auto tranny... i played with it from like a 30 roll and stayed even with it till 60.. form a stop he'd smoke me prob.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a GT. I alwasy thought the v6s were fast too...however. I would like to go against an v6 manual. i am now wondering if the extreme that i raced was auto. I know that the s10 i raced the other night was definitely manual. but...i digress.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Not to sure about the extreme, but i know for a fact that a 4.3 liter vortec (2001 S10-ZR2) is no match for the celica GT-S. My friend owns one and we raced from a stop light and from a 30mph roll. He got me off the line at the light but it was nothing for me to catch up and pass him. 30 mph roll, pretty much the same thing but he jumped on it a little quick so it took me a sec or 2 longer to catch up.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
a truck like an s10 can hang with a celi off the line (or even get the jump) because it has so much torque. So it's 0-30mph times may be impressive, it's the 30-90mph times that hurt a truck.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
I always find it funny when people creep and creep waiting for the light only to take too long to react and still end up starting last.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
i like it when i'm at a light an a big ass truck launches on me like we're gonna race. silly ********. :)

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
i dunno...manual..or not..my friend has a manual one....n i have a gt........buti dunno...he has neva even came within 1 cars distance........anyways.....just a thought

·
Registered
462 Posts
My68Spit said:
I have a GT. I alwasy thought the v6s were fast too...however. I would like to go against an v6 manual. i am now wondering if the extreme that i raced was auto. I know that the s10 i raced the other night was definitely manual. but...i digress.
Just because its an extreme doesnt mean it's a V6. There is alot of I4 2.2L Extreme Blazer's and S10 on the road.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I didnt think that the extremes were all that fast. I was with my friend last night and we were driving around in his prelude(base model, weakest engine) when we pull up to a light and a blazer extreme pulls up to us and starts revvin and jumpin. So we go for it when it turns green, and my friend got a bad jump and squeled the tired a bit, but we still got the better jump on him and ended up beating him pretty bad. So i am thinking that this extreme was the I4 2.2L just like 92_ALL-TRAC said.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts