NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the differnce between single turbo and twin turbo?
I heard that tiwn turbo has less turbo lag(I don't even know what turbo lag is) than single turbo.
what is good about single turbo? is it better than tiwn turbo? what?! man..I need some help...
What the heck is psi...I hate math!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
dank has it. PSI is pounds per square inch. Same way tires are filled. It is how compressed the air gets. more air = more power. lastly turbo lag is the time it takes for a turbo to spool(spin) and make decent power. Say ur turbo fully spools at 4000rpms. so say ur in second and u are at 4500 and u shift to 3rd. when the revs drop below 4000 u will be experienceing turbo lag.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Twin turbos are usually for cars that have 2 exhaust manifolds (headers) like V6 or V8 because it's just easier to make the pipings. A twin turbo usually have less lag, esp when it's sequential when one turbo is always on and the other one kicks in at a predetermined RPM, it eliminates lag.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
nyoneway said:
Twin turbos are usually for cars that have 2 exhaust manifolds (headers) like V6 or V8 because it's just easier to make the pipings. A twin turbo usually have less lag, esp when it's sequential when one turbo is always on and the other one kicks in at a predetermined RPM, it eliminates lag.
There's also two types of setups for a twin-turbo, parallel and sequential. An example of a sequential setup is the 3rd Gen RX-7. An example of a parallel setup would be the 300ZX TT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts