NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrite i have a leak in my exhaust after my swap....my mechanic told me that my GT flange is too small for the GTS manifold. so im looking for a GTS flange. SO i want to know whats the diameter of the hole in the flange?....the distance from one screw hole to another. i need the info so i can get it from a part store.

Also is the GT and GTS midpipe gasket the same size?....cuz my muffler shop told me that could be the reason for the leak. if they are different....then since i have a GT midpipe, he can weld the GT gasket into the GTS manifold and then connect it with the GT midpipe.

is there any way to fix the leak easier? i tried callin junkyard and stuff but they dont sell exhaust system cuz its illegal to sell Resonators. so if u can help plz do cuz im loosing so much power from this.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
damn no1 have answer to this thread? does anyone know what im talkin abt?

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
ya

I had the same questions, before i start doing my swap next month, My mechanic told me he can modify the midepipe.

I was thinking about buying a whole new midpipe but it will cost 800 bucks.

I don't understand though, how do you have your setup done now? the manifold flange is bigger than the gt midpipe, I believ blue bomber said that its. 2.5 inches.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Should be close to 2.75". The divider plate displaces some exhaust gasses, so the flange and piping need to be wider than the piping without the plate (which is 2.5") so it doesn't cause any restriction. Where you can get a flange like that, I have no clue. I had a hard enough time finding a place that sells 2.5" flanges. :ugh:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea man they gotta look for it but we couldnt...not even at junkyard cuz they dont sell exhuast parts......so wat my muffler shop told me to do is take the gasket from a GT manifold and give it to him. He will bored it out and then relace it on the GTS manifold and then connect it with the GT midpipe...would that work?....which cost way less then wat i was gonna spend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts