NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have this brace? How does it look/perform?
I have been looking around for prices on them and I have found them on NOPI.com for 140$. that is the best price i can find. I want to get a good bar but i don't want to spend $300 on a brace, but i don't want to spend $50 on crap either. I also found the RMM brace for 165$, is that a good price?

Thanks alot

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks i PM'd him but he is not online. no one in my area carries the skunk2 bar so i can not see it in person before i buy.
and there is no pic of it on everthingcelica.com's gallery...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
SKunk2 is test fitting the cat back exhaust for the GTS on my car... My contact at Skunk2 is the marketing director and he said that this exhaust will be in production in may. You see it online right now because they're creating demand for this product....

pimp20g said:
they also have an exhaust for the celi on there as well i wonder how that performs?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Strut bars all do the same thing. Unless you are going for look spend the least money and spend the $ somewhere else. I'm not an APC fan but they produce one of the best strut bars for our cars simple because it is one piece (less places to flex). The APC bar is a replaca of the RMM bar. $40.00 but it is not that pretty because it is chrome plated (not my style) but all I care about is performance so I have one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to advanceauto and the autozone in my town today and they both didn't have the APC brace and both couldn't even order them for me :ugh: Ohwell. I think i am going to get the Skunk2 brace.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Do you have any Tuner shops in your area they should easily be able to get one for you. Advance in my area said it would be a special order item and therefore cost me a arm and a leg.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i decided to order the skunk2 brace from NOPI.com this morning and thought I'd give it a try. Well this afternoon I get ann email form them saying it is out of stock and they don't plan on getting anymore in...:wtf: Does any one know any other place online that sells the skunk2 brace??

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
The HyperMotive front bars have been available for order for almost a year. In stock and ready ship. Everyone has been waiting for the rear 2pt bar which was just released for sale yesterday. These are also in stock and ready to ship.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I am not in ANY WAY wanting to start an argument or mean dissrespect, But.
Can you please expalin to every one why the Hypermotive Brace is a better buy?

I want one real bad so dont think you have to twist my arm to buy one. I just dont want to dip into my turbo fun at the moment. lol.
I know there are some good reasons to go with a better Strut bar. And who better then you "racinjason" to explain.

:)
Like I said, this post can be taken in a real bad way and I dont want it to be. I just want every one to know why it is important to get a Quality brace.
Even if I am using an APC right now :(
I am so ashamed......please forgive me.

P.S.
You can order the APC bar from this link.
http://www.7453217467431.com/main/t...ePath=2587289&affID=39901&bmUID=1050471796187

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
ASk racinjason.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
lol..thats funny how nopi said their not ordering anymore or its out of stock. maybe its because the skunk2 product is still in production and not ready for mass production. just like the exhaust...it shouldve been ready by now. when skunk2 was in the bay area they used my celi and a couple of my friends celi to prototype the exhaust and dyno it. good gains but still not in production.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts