NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think its time we switch over to Domestic... i have a feeling this car is going to have a crap load of aftermarket support, and it probubly will look hot if its lowered, added a grill, some 18's or 20's on those :chuckles:

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
it looks good (although i'd choose the Solstice), but it doesn't have the fun convertible feel. I recently watched a track test between the Miata and Solstice on edmunds.com. Both cars have about the same lap time, but the Miata wins overal due to it's liveliness. Dunno if the Sky/Solstice are gonna top the Miata.. all I know is, neither of these convertibles are selling fast. Having a Miata myself, I think the Miata will still rain in the affordable convertible category.
After all this, I still wanna see Rhys Millen tear up the competition with his new Pontiac Solstice. Can't wait!!

·
Banned
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$27,895 is not bad... celicas are the same thing except only 180hp FWD
except we got a cheap ass engine and a sorry ass transmission

·
Banned
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Their transmissions are Aisin AR-5, which H3 Hummer, Chevorlet colorado, GMC canyon, Pontiac Solstice got. Perhaps they might give the Sky Redline an Aisin AY-6 6 speed from the Cadillac CTS then that would be awesome.
As for the Engine it came from this car....

its a Vauxhall V220, its made for GM but i dont think GM designed it
i think its more of a european car, there is one exactly like it in europe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_GT#Modern_Opel_GT

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
ZenoGenProducts said:
that's hefty compared to its competition, the Miata. Miata's are running a little above 20k. besides, i wouldn't pay a-little-under 30 grand for that.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Gas-n-Grease said:
ZenoGenProducts said:
that's hefty compared to its competition, the Miata. Miata's are running a little above 20k. besides, i wouldn't pay a-little-under 30 grand for that.
good point.
car looks really good tho!

·
Registered
290 Posts
nyoneway said:
Just wait till Mazda drop their 260hp turbo Mazdaspeed engine in the Miata.
That would be badass to see a factory miata putting down some decent power numbers. I'd wait to see dyno numbers on it though we all know how mazda is with there ambitious power claims. We'll see if the new regulations gets rid of the over rating of vehicles.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
i dunno if Mazda will even think about making a 260hp Miata... it's not Miata like. Throughout it's existance, the car never made a lot power. At most, I think they'll go for something lower like 200-220hp. Just my prediction.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
il96 said:
kinda looks like the Solstice, cept tis dont have that ugly ass grill hah
I agree, but the Sky looks so much better. What ruins the Solstice for me is the front. :puke:

I wouldn't mind having a Sky. I'd just take off all the Saturn badges. :p:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts